breaking; lillis pt. 2

The birds chirping outside and the fiery orange light peeking through the kitchen blinds were your only indication that morning was rising.

You glanced at a slumbering Sophia with her head in your lap and smiled. She was so beautiful; the way her lips were parted slightly, the freckles that danced across her nose. You simply couldn't imagine yourself without her in your life.

You hadn't slept all night. You couldn't. All you could do was sit on the kitchen floor and be with her, but you honestly didn't want to be with anyone else. The look in her eyes was still breaking you, sending an unexplainable feeling of loss through your insides. They had been so cold, crumbling at the edges slowly and displaying just how vulnerable she truly was. The sight terrified you, because you knew they weren't hers. Sophia's eyes had always been bright and filled to the brim with the kind of happiness that you couldn't help but smile at.

The brightness was gone. The only thing left was a dull sadness that twinged your heart with pain every time you looked into them.

Her eyelashes suddenly fluttered open and you forced a smile onto your face. The sadness was still there.

"Hey, Soph." You whispered, stroking her hair comfortingly.

In that moment, you wanted her back; You wanted the Sophia with joyful eyes and the Sophia that always gave you the happiest greetings. It was like looking at a stranger in your girlfriend's body.

She jolted upwards and stood, letting out a shaky sigh before hurriedly walking to the front door.

"Wait!" You called out, quickly standing up.

She stopped, slowly turning back towards you, but never meeting your gaze.

"So, that's it?" You croaked out, tears forming in your eyes. "You're just gonna leave?"

She didn't respond.

"I w-wanna be here for you, Soph." You said, taking a step towards her. She immediately stepped back.

"I can't." She muttered, glancing up at you sadly before walking out the door.

You watched her fade out of sight, hot tears streaming down your cheeks.

Part 3 is just gonna be worse.
I hope ya'll are prepped.