Decision

It was yet another morning of her hard life. Namjoo woke up to news from her mother.

"What is it?" namjoo asked unwillingly, thinking it was yet another story but couldn't stop herself watching her dull face.

"One of our relatives, i heard they are looking for a bride for their son. So i suggested my cousin to talk about you" she answered troubled.

"So? What about it? You don't even ask me and do accordingly. What's the issue?" namjoo mocked as she never was given a choice.

"They accepted to marry but....." she hesitated.

Namjoo raised her eyebrows telling her to continue.

"They don't want to marry you....but asked for yerim....they said yerim is beautiful and ...." she stopped praising noticing namjoo. She forced a smile.

"So what is wrong? If they are good people go for it. I don't have a problem yerim getting married before me....to be honest, i don't know if i want to...so why not right?" namjoo answered casually.

"You don't understand namjoo. If yerim is married your chance of getting married will be.....on that yerim is still studying. What do you mean you don't want to marry?" her mother frowned telling what she is thinking is wrong.

"This is not the first time this happened. If they are genuinely interested and good family then it is fine by me" namjoo answered ignoring her question.

Her mother stuck to her decision that she can't let that happen.

Yerim threw a pillow at namjoo hard on hearing the conversation.

"Stop acting like a responsible big sister. I don't want to get married before you. How can you forget? My dream is to marry my rich brother in law's brother so that we can become relatives there too. Didn't i say that since we were young?" yerim questioned.

"You are still at it yerim? What is with this rich brother in law? Stop dreaming, that is never going to happen" namjoo frowned and left the room to get ready for office.

Yerim sighed watching her storming out of the room.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Namjoo was at the office tired. Everyday she was tired listening to the same things; either it was the stories of her unfortunate father or the pressure of her marriage. For once she preferred her life changing. That was not enough that she was handed extra work daily. She stretched her body tiredly in her seat. Without sleep, stress and responsibilities she was drained. There was no fun in her life.

As if she was shrouded by the clouds of darkness, another trouble arrived. Namjoo was packing to leave.The department head of hers, lee je hoon came to her seat holding files "Namjoo, here. Complete these files before going" he said giving them as she was about to leave for home.