0

"Dear Diary,

Who knew that such a perfect night could turn so horrid?

Yours Truly,
Roselle"

"C'mon Roselle, don't be such a wuss." My boyfriend grabbed my hand as he dragged me across the rocks of the lake.

"Brett we're gonna die." I laughed as I followed his footsteps.

"We're not far." He continued as we kept walking around rocks, trying to avoid slipping on some of the stones.

He kept dragging me across the rocks until we reached the bottom, a small little cave revealing itself.

"We're going in there?" I looked at him unsurely. "Great, I'm going to die on our 2nd year anniversary."

"Shut up and just trust me." He laughed as he held both my arms and looked at me. "I love you Rose."

"I love you too." I smiled at him, staring at his gorgeous eyes and beautiful smile.

We walked inside the cave and the more we moved in, the more it got brighter until I begun seeing candles around.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I looked around dreamily at the place. "I can't believe you did this."

"What can I say? I'm a romantic man." He told me as we continued to walk down.

A row of candles shaped in a heart around a red blanket revealed itself and my heart did little black flips.

I was madly, truly and deeply in love with this man.

That night, that night was the best thing that's ever happened to me. That's all I could think of.

Music was playing in the background as we ate and talked about life and school. I was the smart cheerleader and he was the football star. Everything was just perfect.

"I want to ask you something Rose." He told me, grabbing my hand so I could stand up with him.

"Go ahead, I'm all ears." I encouraged him.

"These last two years have been amazing. I know we're sixteen but I know I love you. I know I'm in love with you. I know we're kids but I can't help what I feel for you." He started before getting on his knees and revealing a bright, diamond ring.

"Oh my god." I gasped, heart beginning to flutter.

"Roselle Lilly Parker, will you marry me?" He asked.

"Yes! Oh my god! Yes!" I screamed as he placed the ring on my finger. We then kissed as he started spinning me around in joy.

You see, that was the best night of my life. It really was.

Music was playing in the background, we laughed, we talked, we made love under the stars. Everything was perfect, like it came out of a movie.

Until I got the call my mum died the same day.

I was shocked. To the point where I couldn't move, I couldn't comprehend anything. My fiancé was there with me, holding me, listening, getting me food. He was doing everything he could just to be there.

He came to the funeral and stood up with me when I gave the speech. He even read my speech when I couldn't speak anymore, when I couldn't stand.

Her death was deemed mysterious, no evidence of anything was left behind. I kept crying because dying in a fire was probably the hardest way to go.

I became obsessive, trying to look for clues and evidence how on earth my mother died. It even got to the point where I thought someone killed her.

Around the fourth month I started getting better. Started to talk properly again. Brett and I went on a few dates, had a little bit of laughs and visited my mum's grave together.

It was near the middle of the year, where it begun to be cold here in Melbourne. We stayed in most of the times, drank hot chocolate and joked about what our wedding would look like.

I was getting better, I promise I was. I was starting to see hope because Brett was my hope. Everything was perfect just like the day of our second year anniversary, before the light was burnt.

I didn't need to see a psychologist about my mum anymore. Brett was my psychologist, best friend and lover. He was my everything.

I was truly, madly and deeply in love with Brett. He cured me from depression and helped me to overcome it.

I promise I was getting better. And it would have stayed like that.

It would have stayed like that if he didn't end up dying too.

A/N- This is based on Charles Melton being played by Reggie Mantle. (Probably the first ever Charles Melton fan fiction because it was written before his first episode aired)

This is only a short filler of what the story is going to be like. I want the first two episodes to air though so then I could see how things can play out, but I have a general understanding.