8

"Dear Diary

I used to view sleeping as a good thing as it doesn't have the propensity to fall apart like life does. But sleep to me now is a constant loop of all the past mistakes I've made in my life.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

"Sorry to interrupt, Dr.Phylum, but Sheriff Keller and I need to see Archie Andrews in the hallway."

Those were the words that had everyone looking at the young, teenage redhead known as Archie Andrews. The once golden boy of the school, now known as the boy who seemed to lurk in the darkness of trouble. It seemed like everything that had happened to Jason before his death, with the dark secrets and murders, was happening to Archie himself.

Roselle and Veronica's eyes met each other, both of them sitting together with Archie on the end. The Lodge girl swallowed, before getting up, all eyes on her. "I'm sorry Principal Weatherbee but the T-shirts were my idea, not Archie's."

"Actually it was kind of mine." Roselle had also stood up, looking at Veronica with an angered look for taking the blame. "Veronica asked for advice, I gave her the idea and then helped order them."

The principal faced the girl, his lips in a tight line. "This is not about T-shirts, Miss Lodge and Parker, please sit down." He replied, his voice sounding gruff. Roselle rose her eyebrow, slowly easing herself back into her seat, bewildered.

The short haired girl sat down in confusion, feeling a sense of heat surround her. She then looked at the boy she claims to trust, the boy she's always been loyal to. Her eyes clouded with confusion and fear at why he was being called to the office, with a policeman as an escort.

"It's okay, Ronnie. There's nothing to worry about." Archie told his girlfriend, his lover. The Andrews boy slowly got up, following the principal and officer out of the room.

Roselle caught a glance of Veronica's fingers tapping nervously, eyes staring at the wall in front of her, making Roselle herself hold her hand and squeeze it in assurance. "He'll be fine, but you need to help him."

"Were you ever in love, Ree?" Veronica whispered to the girl, wrapping her fingers around the Parker girl's hand. Roselle smiled, biting her lip as she felt her heart thud against her chest in agonising pain.

"Yes, Yes I was."

The infamous Parker black book of secrets held more confidential matters than FBI files. Everyday, the girl would use her pen full of white ink to write on the seemingly endless black pages that make up her diary. It was strategically hidden in her 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' book, where she cut off papers into a deep, rectangular shape to fit her diary into.

Depending on her mood, the girl would write during the night, where her thoughts were more vulnerable, or during the day, where her thoughts were open up for interpretation. No one, not even Brett, her mother or her Aunt had found the book let alone read it's horrors.

And that's because Roselle didn't want them to. It was her thoughts, her past and everything that kept her up at night, that moulded her into the person she was today. It was those thoughts, that if read by the wrong person, could have a huge, consequential effect.