9

"Dear Diary,

He makes my heart run fast. He makes my heart feel like it's in the olympics. He makes my heart win the gold medal.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

The slow, long beeps of the heart monitor kept replaying in the ears of Reggie Mantle like a torturous song. His leg bopping up and down rapidly, anxious for the girl to wake up since she fainted after last night. She had lost a lot of blood that night, but not enough that she needed some donated to her.

Reggie had found out that the knife belonged to Doiley after Sweet Pea had snatched it from him. He had also planned to break Doiley's nose for even bringing the knife into the fight in the first place. But right now, the Mantle boy just sat tiresome on the uncomfortable chair, a bouquet of roses in his hand.

The teenager had even rejected the party invitation that was to take place tonight, too worried about Roselle's health and if the black hood would show up to her hospital room and kill her without anyone knowing. Reggie had promised Archie and Veronica that he'd stay the night and the next day, until she had woken up.

Even if Roselle wasn't stabbed, he wouldn't have gone to the party. The familiar face of the guy that had told Reggie to go away and leave Roselle alone back at Pop's Shoppe two weeks ago had Reggie angry that the guy 'Nick St. Claire' even thought about inviting him. Although, he did sell him drugs for a price higher than the initial price, to get back at him.

"Mmm." Reggie heard Roselle moan, getting up quickly to see the girl. The girl's eyes fluttered open, eyebrows furrowed in confusion to the unfamiliar surroundings. "Where am I?" She asked, getting up from her bed.

"No, no sit down. You need to lay down." Reggie instructed her, pushing her gently back into the bed. Roselle sighed, slightly dazed as Reggie helped her lean back into the bed. "You're at the hospital by the way."

"Blaire." Roselle mumbled, eyes still not fully open and barely making out Reggie's figure. "My Aunt, did you tell her?"

"No I didn't. We told her that you were staying over Veronica's." Reggie told her, making Roselle groan.

"But I snuck out, remember?" Roselle put her hands on her face, rubbing her eyes. "What if she knows I wasn't home last night? What did you even tell the nurse?"

"I told them a bunch of serpent low lives jumped you." Reggie explained, as if it was obvious.

"No don't- don't call them low lives. I'm not from either side of Riverdale. I'm not a Southsider or a Northsider, I'm Australian." Roselle shook her head, looking at Reggie. "And the thing about being someone not from Riverdale is that I'm a spectator. I can see both sides without being bias, and both of you are in the wrong. Betty's mum is in the wrong, Sweet Pea is in the wrong and in fact the only person right now who isn't, is Jughead. But you guys, you guys are too stupid to realise."

Reggie was taken back from Roselle's speech, but the more he thought about it, the more she sounded right. "Well, we disbanded the Red Circle anyway."

Roselle sighed, putting her hands over her face, silent. Many emotions went through her head as she was so confused. She felt like she was losing her mind here at Riverdale, more than when she was in Australia. Silently, she begun to cry, letting all her troubles out. It felt like this was her breaking point, like she couldn't be strong anymore.