13

"Dear Diary,

I was so scared of forgetting that I missed the moments I was meant to remember

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

Roselle closed her eyes, breathing the cool, fresh breeze of the air around her. She was in her element; calm and collected. That was, if there wasn't a race that was going to take place in an hour. "How long do you reckon it'll take to pimp your ride?" The Australian girl asked the teenager with a very mathematically complicated styled quiff on his head.

The sun was out, the sky was blue as Roselle wore denim shorts, a pale blue ruffle top and a red bandana on her head. Her and Reggie sat on the hood of her red cherry car, waiting for the anticipated race of Riverdale to begin.

Roselle took the advantage of the clear and warm weather to tan her already tanned skin and to clear her overflowed head. "Probably 30 more minutes. But hey, everyone's finally pouring in."

"Yeah." Roselle sighed, looking at the serpents that begun walking into the soon-to-be racing field. She slightly tensed when she saw Malachai and the Ghoulies, her eyes instinctively looking at Reggie who was already looking at her.

"It's fine, I won't let him do anything." Reggie whispered to her. Roselle shook her head, letting out a smile.

"I'm not even scared of him anymore." Roselle begun, the chatter of the forming crowd beginning to get louder. "After everything with the black hood, my skin is thicker then Beyoncé's body."

Reggie furrowed his eyebrows, getting up from his reclining position to look at Roselle who's eyes were placed on the sky above her. "What do you mean everything with the black hood?"

Roselle let out a sigh before she got up too. She then placed her hand in her back pocket, pulling out the paper that had made her sleep deprived. "What I mean is that the black hood paid me a visit." She told the teenage boy. "And I'm only telling you this because we made an agreement together to go after him- but if you want to change you're mind and leave it's okay-"

"-No, let me read this." Reggie snatched the paper from her hand. His eyes begun moving across the paper, widening at the subliminal yet obvious words the murderer had chosen. "He wants to kill you?"

Roselle looked at her fingers, playing with them as she felt like bursting into tears all over again. She had never felt the feeling of some killer going after her, and it was probably the worst feeling yet. "A-and my family is paying him to do it."

"But your only family is Blaire, right?" Reggie asked, folding up the paper while looking at Roselle with worried eyes.

"Exactly." Roselle laughed bitterly, shaking her head. "But she has nothing to do with it. So either I don't know my Aunt like I thought I did or..."

"Or what?" Reggie asked, looking at the girl who had gone through so much pain in a week than he had in his entire life time.

"Or my unknown father wants me dead." Roselle looked at Reggie, biting her bottom lips as pools of fear spilled into her eyes.

Reggie pursed his lips, trying to come up with a solution but couldn't even come up with a theory to begin with. Blaire was Roselle's only known living family member, for all they knew Roselle's biological father could be dead. "Well you know what I think about this note?" Reggie told Roselle, pulling out a lighter before turning on the flame and placing on the paper. "I reckon you shouldn't be worrying about a stupid note."

Roselle felt a weight being lifted off her shoulders when she saw the paper being burnt into crisps. It was like if that paper didn't exists anymore, her problems won't either. If only she knew the simple smell of burning paper wasn't going to be the solutions to her problems.