10

"Dear Diary

Oh what I'd give to lay back in his arms, just to block out the harsh reality of the world.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

It was like a song, the way their bodies were entwined with each other. The white, clean sheet of blanket wrapping around them like they were both professionals in the art of aerial silk. It was like the start of a movie, the light seeping through curtains and dancing along the bodies of the teenagers.

The ring of Roselle's phone had awoken the pair, making the teenage girl groan in frustration. This was probably the only peaceful sleep she had gotten in a very long time, and she didn't want it to end. When her eyes fluttered open, she was confused to where she was until she saw Reggie's toned arm around her waist, remembering the events of last night that caused butterflies in her stomach to erupt. "Are you gonna answer your phone?"

"I really don't want to." Roselle answered back, but nonetheless she removed Reggie's arm away from her waist, making Reggie groan as she ruined his comfortable position, and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Veronica asked. Roselle's dazed eyes looked around Reggie's seemingly clean room, wondering what time it was.

"I'm in bed V, why?" Roselle asked, rubbing her eyes. Reggie got up from his bed, letting out a moan as he stretched.

"Because you're like an hour late for school. And who the hell is in bed with you?" Veronica asked in confusion as she heard Reggie's moan, making Roselle glare at the boy.

Reggie winked at the girl before coming near the phone. Roselle quickly moved back but it was too late as Reggie yelled at the phone. "Hey Ronnie!"

"Oh my god, you slept with Reggie Mantle?" Veronica yelled in a hush whisper. Roselle slapped Reggie's chest and glared at him.

"I'm coming now, I just slept in. I'll explain later." Roselle told Veronica before hanging up the phone. She then looked at Reggie, who was looking at with a playful smirk. "I really hate you."

"And I adore you too Elle." Reggie wiggled his eyebrows at her, making Roselle roll her eyes, a small smile making its way onto her lips. She got up from the bed slowly, making Reggie worried as he ran to her side quickly, helping her get up. "Hey, careful with that leg."

"It's fine, seriously. It hurts when you touch it but I can walk on it." Roselle assured him, looking at his face that was close to her once again. Reggie's breath faltered, along with Roselle's. It was like yesterday all over again before the same voice played in Roselle's head, chanting 'Brett' on repeat. "We should get ready for school."

"Yea we should." Reggie said, in a more disappointed voice that Roselle didn't take notice for. She couldn't, her ears were like a filter, only listening to things she knows is right for her and not the things that could be toxic for her mental health that was already poisoned.

"Thanks again for letting me wear your shirt." Roselle told Reggie as he was driving both of them to school. She was wearing Reggie's plain black shirt, that reached to her knees so she tied it into a knot so that it looked like a more tighter dress that reached half way down her thigh. It had also covered her bandaged thigh too as Roselle didn't want anyone to find out about her wound and that she got stabbed.