23

"Dear Diary,

The head of a man was all it took to start a war.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

"I am a sinner, who's probably gonna sin again

"I am a sinner, who's probably gonna sin again." Roselle sang softly to the music playing in the background as she brushed her hair, getting ready for school. "Lord forgive me, for things I don't understand. Sometimes I wanna be alone."

Placing the brush down, Roselle grabbed her bag and begun descending downstairs. Reggie was already waiting outside to pick her up, so she got dressed as fast as she could without looking too horrible.

Their almost kiss yesterday made her face flush and heart drop. She just wished the Ferris Wheel wouldn't have moved. The exact timing of its movement was an irritant she must now live with.

"Good morning Roselle." Blaire spoke out as she was shoving files and papers in her bag. Roselle stopped in her tracks, not knowing what to do or say after overhearing her's and Hiram's conversation. But then Reggie's voice telling her to act like everything's normal came into her mind.

"Mornin'." Roselle replied back, putting on her shoes. She had thought that it was the end of the conversation, but apparently it wasn't as Blaire stood in front of Roselle in anticipation. "Can I help you with anything?"

"So I was thinking, we haven't really discussed about our lives and how we are feeling." Blaire begun, making Roselle mentally roll her eyes. "So I thought a good start would be for you to invite a friend over for dinner. So I can meet them and get to know them too."

Roselle stared at her nervous eyes of her Aunt. It was a trap. In the back of her mind she knew that Blaire wanted her to invite Veronica. Because that means that their family will become closer to Veronica's family. Hiram had told her. He had told her of yesterday's events.

When she threatened him.

So Roselle nodded innocently at her Aunt before grabbing her bag from the floor and walking out of the house. She noticed Reggie's parked car, a couple of houses down hers and got in. She turned to look at him, a smirk on her face that made Reggie confused.

He wanted to know why she was smirking. But that was because Blaire hated Reggie.

"So what do you say about coming to dinner at the Parker's?"

It was just like any other routine. Reggie drives to school, they part ways, him going to football training in the morning while she put her bags in her locker before grabbing her books to go to the library for some early studying.