11

"Dear Diary,

Here's how I know Brett was the love of my life; because when every thing else felt wrong, he always felt right. And when he died, so did my quest for love.

Yours Truly,
Roselle"

"This is so wrong, we shouldn't be doing this." Roselle told Reggie in a hushed whisper. The pair were hiding behind a bush, watching Betty stare outside. Roselle felt guilt seep into her, unable and unwilling to believe her friend has something to do with the black hood.

The trees that surrounded the teenagers let out an eerie whistle as the cool wind blew during the night. It was dark, and nothing but the street lights illuminated the neighbourhood. "Just because she's your friend, doesn't mean you should rule her out as a suspect- wait. I think she's talking to someone."

"Yeah, someone on the phone." Roselle rolled her eyes, sitting on the ground as she stared at Reggie who was still standing and watching Betty. Roselle took her heels off, feet aching from all the walking, dancing and stalking that happened today. "Teenagers tend to do that, you know? Call people, gossip, the usual."

"No, no this looks more urgent. Like a villain calling the leader villain." Reggie shook his head, glancing at Roselle sitting in the floor before looking back at Betty, widening his eyes. "Shit, run! Run! She's coming out!"

Roselle quickly scrambled up on her feet before Reggie picked her up bridal style, sprinting to the direction of his car. "You know, I could've ran perfectly fine!" Roselle yelled at Reggie as he kept sprinting while also carrying a 120 pound teenager.

"With a stabbed leg that's still healing?" Reggie asked when both of them reached the car. He pressed the button on his keys, unlocking the car before placing Roselle in the passenger seat. He then slid against the hood and got in the car, placing his seatbelt on. "I'm not taking in chances of being caught or you injuring yourself even more."

"I'm not a damsel in distress, Hercules." Roselle rolled her eyes, smoothing out her dress that she wish she never wore if she had known her and Reggie were about to go on an investigation. Both of the teenagers watched closely as they saw Betty come out of the house. Reggie's car was parked 10 meters away from the house, blending into the darkness of the night.

When Betty begun running to where ever she was off to, Reggie carefully turned on his car and not his headlights so that he wouldn't be seen. "We shouldn't be doing this. This is so wrong." Roselle repeated, her hands feeling clammy.

"But it feels so right." Reggie winked, making Roselle glare at him. Reggie shook his head, a smirk playing on his lips. "Oh c'mon Parker! Be a little adventurous! I'm feeling like inspector gadget right now, honestly."

"Woohoo." Roselle replied back in a monotone voice while doing a little fist pump, making Reggie slightly laugh at her. She did feel a little wild that her and Reggie were chasing after Betty, trying not to be caught at the same time. She felt rebellious and free.

"What the-" Reggie whispered as he stopped when Betty had seemed to reach her destination. It was an old abandoned house, one that looked like it needed years of renovation. Reggie and Roselle both gave each other a look before slowly opening the door and walking near the house. "What is this House?" Reggie whispered.

"I don't know, why don't you call the owner?" Roselle replied sarcastically as they made their way sneakingly near the house. Their backs were against the wall, Roselle covering her mouth to make sure her breaths couldn't be heard. She then glanced up, looking at the stars and moon before looking at Reggie who was already looking at her. Reggie then nodded before slowly leaning to get a glance through the window.