19

"Dear Diary,

The storm has begun.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

Riverdale. The only town that was filled with chaos right after one had finished. It seemed like it was in every page, in the imaginary book of Riverdale, where each paragraph had a different story, a different affair.

And when Roselle thought about the serpent that she had given love to a couple of days back while wrapped around the arms of a man who loved her, she realised she was the new paragraph. This part of the story of the horrors of Riverdale that was dedicated solely to her.

The events of last night flashed back to her; burying Archie, watching the supposed black hood get killed and the revealing of who could possibly be her unknown sister. Oh yes, this was Roselle's paragraph, and it was longer than any other ones that had been written.

"Good morning Rose." Reggie spoke, making the images of Sweet Pea's body above her vanish and the feeling of guilt consume her. "What're you thinkin' about?"

Roselle bit her bottom lip as she leaned on the arm of Reggie's. It was true, she might have regretted sleeping with Sweet Pea as it slightly complicated things more. But she couldn't help but feel like she wanted a repeat of those burning moments.

"Just about Monica really." Roselle lied smoothly. Reggie nodded, putting his other arm around her to get more comfortable. The bracelet around Roselle's wrist caught his attention, making Reggie smile to himself that Roselle was wearing his bracelet he gave her for Christmas.

"Don't worry, we'll solve this mystery like we've tried to solve the black hood mystery." Reggie promised, closing his eyes to take in the feeling of being wrapped around Roselle's body. That pure moment of bliss that he didn't want to take for granted like last time.

Roselle's thoughts jumped to the black hood, wondering if a small time janitor was indeed a big time murderer. But it didn't add up. It didn't feel right, and Roselle had this feeling like they were wrong and because of that, a man's life was lost.

"I haven't told anyone but I don't think it was him." Roselle begun, making Reggie slightly open his eyes to look at Roselle better. "When he forced me to bury Archie, I lost it. Because he made me to all this stuff and-and I was done with it so I started yelling at him about the things he did to me. But when I brought it up, it looked like he didn't know anything. And then he gave me this look."

"What look?" Reggie asked, eyebrows furrowed. Roselle sighed, removing Reggie's arms away from her to sit up from the bed. Reggie did the same, slightly disappointed she had let go but more angry that the black hood may still be out there.

"Betty, Archie, Moose, Ms Grundie." Roselle begun, moving her hair back as a picture of Svenson's face made her blood turn cold and lips feel chapped. "What ever they went through, I'm gonna feel a whole lot worse. And he wants me to run."

"Wait- worse than being dead?" Reggie asked, tilting his head to the side. "What's worse than being dead?"

Roselle looked at him, a glimmer of pain in her eyes that if someone wasn't paying attention like Reggie was, they'd miss it. The Parker girl bit her bottom lip, looking at the ground before looking directly into Reggie's eyes.

"Watching your loved ones die is worse than being dead."

That was last week, after the school janitor turned out to be a serial killer.
But, we were putting him away along with our Christmas decorations and we go back to school, days after the that fatal night that was forgotten by every Riverdale civilian except Riverdale's most elite students.