1

"Dear Diary,

I'm finally moving. I keep getting told by Blaire that Riverdale is quiet. I just hope it isn't full of drama like Melbourne was.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

"This is going to be a fresh start. Somewhere new and quiet." The young adult peered at the flying wisps of black hair that her niece inherited and her red stained lips that seemed like her signature colour. The girl stayed quiet, writing in her diary as the wind from the red, cherry convertible car exposed her to the external environment. "You never know, they might even have a cheerleading team."

"Hmm." The raven haired girl hummed. The girl's Aunt rolled her green eyes, the only similarity that the two had. She'd been trying to start a conversation with her niece for three months now but the furthest they've ever went was mutually deciding what movie to play on Netflix.

"You know, you might finally find yourself here. This place is small and small places are very charming." Her Aunt continued, trying to get a glimpse of her black journal but the young girl always managed to hide it well.

"Am I supposed to believe that it was some kind of luck you found this place? Like you just searched up 'small quiet places that makes you forget about your dead mum and fiancée?'" Her eyes blazed as she glared at her Aunt, Australian accent sounding more prominent as she got angrier. "Am I meant to think that you haven't heard of Riverdale your whole entire life? Because I'm not gullible anymore Blaire. You chose this place for a reason."

The car got quiet after that, nothing but thick air blowing the hairs of the two Parker girls. Where Blaire was blonde, Roselle was black haired. And where Blaire was rosey-cheeked and pale, Roselle had a dark tan, even in winter. Roselle looked nothing like her mum or Aunt, only inheriting the Parker's signature green cat eye look. The 16 year old always assumed that's because her dark features were given by the man she's never met, the man that her mum never spoke about.

"I know you lost a mum, but you keep forgetting I lost a sister too." Blaire begun. "And it's hard for me. I promised her I'd take care of you. I'm only 25, I've never even had kids myself goddamit. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. But I know one thing for sure is that I'll never give up on you."

Roselle closed her black book of secrets and sighed, looking outside at the trees passing by her. A sign finally appeared that read 'Welcome to Riverdale, the town with pep!' written in faded paint.  "If you give up, I won't blame you. I've already given up on myself."

The blonde adult bit her tongue, annoyed at herself for not being able to heal her niece like her precious first love could from her mum. She wanted also wanted to be like her older sister, mature and caring. She wanted to heal wounds and inspire others like she had. But she wasn't like that. She was a crazy, party girl that had to give up her ways to raise a 16 year old.

"I chose this place." Blaire begun, turning into a street that looked like she had memorised it back to front. "I chose it because that's where my family grew up."  

The teenager drew a breathe back, looking around the defined populated area. She was finally knowing history about her mum, even if it was just a little bit. "Is this where my Mum met my biological Dad?"

"Sorry Kiddo, but I never knew who your Dad was. She never told anyone." Blaire shook her head, thinking about the times she'd pester her older sister to speak to the time when she finally revealed she was going to move and give birth to Roselle in Australia. "All I know about him is that he stayed in Riverdale for a while before leaving."