20

"Dear Diary,

I just started a war. Bulldogs vs Serpents.

Yours Truly,
Roselle."

"Thanks for letting me stay at your house V." Roselle mumbled as she sat on the stool, stapling maps, locker numbers and other school necessities together for the welcoming of South Side High. "I honestly don't know how I'll ever repay you."

These passed weeks, Roselle had been trying as hard as she can to make sure she didn't see her Aunt. From sleeping over at Veronica's, to going over to Betty's and even one night sleeping on Reggie's couch -which ended up in Reggie carrying her to his bed-, Roselle just didn't want to see her Aunt.

She knew her Aunt's schedule, Veronica being the one to tell her as she worked for her dad, so Roselle had planned her life around it. She wanted to have some time for herself, to think before Blaire fed her more lies about who Monica really is.

"Nonsense, you're helping me with the the welcoming committee and I help you with your Aunty issues." Veronica replied back with a smile, hands on her hip as she stood behind the table. "Even if you won't tell me what tragedy befell the Parker household for you to not even want to see your Aunt."

"It's complicated." Roselle shook her head, biting her lip as she stapled the last form together, placing it on the pile to her left. Even though Roselle didn't want to exactly be seen welcoming South Side High, she also didn't want to be the one that was one Riverdale's Side. Roselle just wasn't the one to choose sides if she didn't find a reason to not support the other one.

"Not complicated enough to not tell Reggie apparently." Veronica rose an eyebrow at her, making Roselle shake her head before blushing.

"That's different." Roselle mumbled, making Veronica let out a sarcastic noise before re-facing the front of the school.

And then it begun.

When the serpents marched into Riverdale High with so much confidence that Roselle wanted to stand with them. Looking like they owned the school, the raven haired Parker couldn't help but eye the tallest one of all; Sweet Pea.

As he walked in, with Toni and Jughead following closely behind, he made eye contact with Roselle, giving her a little wink. This had made Roselle slightly blush, looking down at her lap but not before catching a look from Veronica. Toni and Jughead themselves were confused as they gave Sweet Pea a look who just shrugged back in response.

"On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school!" Veronica clapped her hands together as half of South Side High stood in front of her, with a very awkward Roselle sitting in a stool behind her. "To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, class schedules, and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale."

Roselle got up from her stool, giving a smile to Sweet Pea, before handing him his form first. But before she could give Jughead his form, a voice from behind her had stopped her. "Stand down, Eva Peron!"

And there it was, the group that had made Roselle slightly tense and not want to be them. Cheryl along with multiple bulldogs, including Reggie himself, had walked down the steps in an authorised manner. Reggie had made eye contact with Roselle but quickly looked away from her so he wouldn't change his mind about his choice to go against the South Side.