A new beginning

Yoongi was hopeful. Jimin seemed like the kind of guy to enjoy gestures like this.

That is why Yoongi couldn't help but wonder why the male didn't say anything. He didn't smile, didn't speak, he just stared at him with a shocked expression.

Is it really that surprising?

Yoongi figured that Jimin must simply be speechless since he had waited for this moment for a long time, but why wasn't he smiling? Jimin always let a smile slip if he was happy, and shouldn't he be happy if his crush asked him to be his prom date?

Yoongi started doubting himself. He began going through what he had just said over and over to try and find a mistake and answer to his question. Why was Jimin reacting like this? Was it the rose? Had he expected something more grand?

No, Jimin didn't care about expensive things. He was simple guy.

Then why?

"Hyung...", Jimin started speaking, and Yoongi stared at him as he waited patiently for his answer. He had to say yes, if he wouldn't then Yoongi had done all of this for nothing. He couldn't possibly be turned down, not now.

Yoongi started feeling desperate because he knew the male's answer now, and he didn't like it. In fact it filled him with hatred, anger, and embarrassment.

Jimin was easy to read, so of course he knew. He had been too late. He had waited too long for the perfect moment. Why had he taken so god damn long?

Now all hope just disappeared. It was like everything depended on whether or not they went to senior prom together. It felt like if they wouldn't then faith would lean somewhere else; somewhere their futures didn't cross.

It was clear. They no longer had a future together.

"I-I've already agreed to go with Jae..."

It stung. Yoongi hadn't known heartbreak until now. Why was his mind so slow? Why hadn't it caught up to his feelings? Why hadn't he realised how pretty Jimin was?

Yoongi closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His emotions were taking over, and right now he felt pure anger and hatred, and he lashed out at Jimin who wasn't really in the wrong here but Yoongi just didn't want to admit his own mistakes. He didn't want to take the blame. After yelling and calling Jimin every bad and wrong word he could come up with he grabbed the rose and took it from Jimin; not even caring about the thorns being buried into his skin and making blood paint his hand red.

He couldn't feel the physical pain because the emotional pain had already drowned him.

"H-hyung, please-"

"Don't ever talk to me again. You're a liar, Jimin. I hate you."

Yoongi spotted the tears appearing in Jimin's eyes, reflecting the cold sun. He didn't care though. Instead he turned around and walked off, leaving Jimin with the ducks.

Then Jae suddenly ran over from nowhere to comfort him, but Yoongi no longer cared. He just wanted for Park Jimin to disappear and never return.

He never wanted to feel those emotions again.

Not jealousy.

Not hatred.

Not anger.

Faith however had its way of turning things around and making the unexpected happen, and futures cross.

Okay, so that's the last chapter of this book, but don't worry there's a SEQUEL called I Love You, Hyung, and the first chapter is up so check it out!

Thank you for reading my book! It was my first BTS fanfic and I had a lot of fun writing it. Please go and read my other books as well. I have Yoonmin, Vmin, and Jikook, but I'm planning on adding more x)