France x Reader // "Bootin' Books"

I won't be doing accents because I suck at them- hue-

-

You knew what your best friend was telling you, you knew it was the truth since day one. Well not of the relationship but of the abuse. (BoyName) wasn't the type to leave marks, those where only on horrible days. Days like his boss put 50x more work on him then usual, or days like he almost gets fired and had to work later then normal. But day by day, your ego, self confidence, and feeling of being able to do things independently vanished. This man was mentally abusive, it doesn't put a scar on your body that everyone can see, it puts a scar of everything that they can't see.

One day while you were trying to kill time, you got to get off of work at least three hours earlier then what your normally do. So you sat down in the small bookstore you worked in and began reading. You could always go out and get something to eat, but since it was (BoyName)'s lunch brake there was the chance of him catching you. Plus you where a tad bit lazy, so you sat in the back and began reading a book that was a few chapters long.

While reading a young boy- about the age of six possibly seven came up too you. He talked about how he needed a book to boost up his self confidence. You chuckled, seeing how red his face was and nodded. You took the young boy's hand and went to the kids section of the store, you got down to his level and began looking through books to see if you guys could find anything. And if you did you might as well read it too since you kind of need some, after you were done, the boy went to hug you until- either their father, uncle, or babysitter- came up to him and told him not to bother a worker on their brake.

You chuckled and said it was perfectly fine since you needed time to kill. And that's how you met Francis. You later learned that he was the persona of France, which was a great learning experience. You sat there half drunk on all the wine he gave you asking millions of questions. The questions and your state of mind of course changed before the sun set, by dark you had to be home. You quickly rushed out making sure Matthew was tucked in. You always wanted to be a mother so knowing you can do these things for the little boy made you happy.

When you got home you got the yelling, screaming, ego crushing, self confidence lowering talk as perusal. One day when you didn't show up to work, France kind of got worried, you were never sick. But there was one person they both knew; Elizabeta! Although (YourName) still didn't know she was Hungary..Anyways, not the point. Francis quickly called the Hungarian up and spoke with her, with a lot of sighs and trying to refuse to tell the French man anything, she gave finally in.

Elizabeta went on to explain everything, it felt like she needed to get it off her chest too. She explained how her boyfriend, which was nice at first, slowly turned into a mentally abusive bitch and how (YourName) deserves better then him. France sat in the store for about an hour on his phone listening to (YourName)'s best friend rant about her boyfriend. By the time Francis' phone died he went to pick Matthew up, luckily he had a playdate today with his brother, which got separated from him when they got adopted. So Francis dropped him off at his brother's house and left. He was going to help his 'best friend' out of this relationship.

being the expert on love and everything he knows that being in a relationship with any type of abuse is hard to get out. And since this is mental abuse, it's going to be hard. Normally Person A tells Person B that they're no one without them and that they need Person A to live, or else they wouldn't be able to survive. So Francis was prepared for that. He was ready to be told that and he had his own comeback.

"Listen to me, no you don't need him. All he is a kid trapped in a grown man's body, he needs help and a life lesson"

He normally said that to every person he helps with this issue, but this time he felt like it had some type of meaning behind it. That plus the French man was pretty shocked to hear that a beautiful young woman like (YourName) was getting abused, and the fact she hid it so well shocked him even more. It's been about a year since Matthew asked (YourName) for book help. So hiding it that long took skill. Not saying it's hard to hide the fact you're getting mentally abused, but the two would get drunk all the time, normally her more. So how could that not slip out of her drunken mouth?

He shrugged and went to (YourName)'s house, not seeing any other car in the driveway he walked up too the door and knocked. The young cheerful woman that Francis normally saw smiling opened the door, for a brief second he saw what she truly looked like. Poor girl got hit and seemed to be bleeding. Before (YourName) could shut the door, Francis stepped in. He was going to help the girl, he gently took the girl to the nearest bathroom he could find and set her down. As he patched her up with the items he could find he saw her beautiful (EyeColors) tear up. After he was done, he hugged her.

"You need to get out of this relationship, Cher.."

"I know that, Francis..I-I just can't do it! I have no where to go! Elizabeta lives with Roderich and his brothers so I can't stay there! All I have when it comes to friends is you and her! I don't have the-"

The French nation cut the girl off with his own words, "Stay with me and Matthew.." the blond hair male began in his attempts to calm the woman in front of him down- the girl was hyperventilating, poor thing. "Matthew loves you, he loves whenever you tuck him into bed and read him a book when you stay. Having you around would be the best thing in the world for him. And for me, we have a guest room. You can use that for now! If you want to leave now, then we'll leave.." Francis finished, the girl nodded quickly grabbing the only few things she held to her heart. Items from her grandparents and items from her parents, since the relationship between her and (BoyName) she hasn't seen much of his or her own family. Before the two left (YourName) left a note saying they're over and he shouldn't be worried about her and left it as that.

Francis took the girl back to his house and helped her settle down in her new room. Francis also got her to talk on why (BoyName) hit her, it was because he was fired from his first job. Yes the now ex of hers had two jobs because (YourName)'s job only paid 100 per week, not enough for all the bills that were due at the end of the month. For the rest of the day, the French man and the woman hugged as she cried. She needed to get that out of her system, she needed it all out.

...

..

.

(YourName) was finally at peace, although it's been about eleven years since she left that hellhole she called 'home'. For the first year she stayed with Francis and Matthew, nothing happened between the two adults but the six years afterwards the two finally got together under Matthew's request for a mother. On their seventh year of dating the two got married.

Now Matthew was seventeen and was graduating from High School. Low-key made you feel old but with the other one running around and the Frenchie reminding you that you where still young every day, you put your 'old' thoughts aside. After the graduating ceremony and crying about how Matthew is growing up too fast; you all met up. While Francis talked to Arthur about Alfred, you went to find Matthew. You had no choice but to bring the little one along, finally finding the shy seventeen-year old you forcefully take his face and pull him down so you could give a kiss on his forehead.

Matthew chuckled and picked him his little brother, Oscar who was about three. "I remember when you were just about six and you came up to me and asked about books that would 'boot up your confidence'.." you said reminding the young teen about the memory causing him to cringe a bit. He was glad he did that though because if he didn't then his father and (YourName) would've never met.

All because of a book about boostin' self confidence.