The Past stays In The Past // Holy Roman Empire x Reader

Not many of these babies, now is there-

I have a small headcanon that there are some countries that formed into a modern day country remember their past and some don't. The lucky ones remember but it also brings pain.

Also found Holy Roman Empire's (possible) fan name on this website;

https://nameberry.com/userlist/view/69796

-

You were in the same satiation as Hungary and Italy. Stuck under someone control and having to act as if a maid for them; cleaning after them, making sure there is no dust in visible places, and checking to see if they're well. Normally you were hanging out with Hungary and dressing up Italy in dresses you and Hungary wore once when you were little, letting him walk around. He rocked the dresses more then you or Elizabeta ever did, he even got the one and only Holy Roman Empire to notice him. Or Luther, which is his human name.

If you were being honest you loved him, you were about three inches taller then him, but you were younger then him. You yourself was some type of empire yet went under rule a few years back, falling in the process somehow. For some sort of reason you were still here and around, but anyways. You would do anything to make him happy, even if it meant healing him in war- which would mean risking your own life. You were just a dead empire, one stab you were done no matter where it was. You didn't have a second shot unlike everyone around you did.

You followed Hungary and Italy outside today, you all were cleaning the garden while Austria was playing on his piano or planning out certain things. You saw Luther behind a few bushes watching Italy, you set a few things down before sneaking up on him and surprising him. That's how you figured out that he had a thing for little Italy, you think he sees Italy as a girl since you and Hungary keep him in dresses. But when he rocks something better then you two you can't help but keep it like that! It was adorable.

But yes, it hurt you in every way when you found out, but you helped him out until the day he left. That day you were in the back behind Italy, hiding in a bush giving your only crush you had your entire lifespan the big thumbs-up, what fucked you up after was the kiss. You didn't expect that, you ended up walking off hurt. But after that he was gone. never to return.

Durning the war time, Holy Roman Empire thought vary much of you. He never understood why, he loved his Italy. The way she was so innocent when Elizabeta and (YourName) played around with her, he was so deep into thought, it never came to him that he loved the dead empire more then he loved the little maid. In mid-war he got a letter form (YourName) on how in a panic Italy urged you to leave and aid him in war, of course Luther wanted to deny since he understood how deadly this is but it was too late; before he could even think about returning a letter the next day you walked into his camp.

You weren't in the maids dress that you wore when you normally talked to him, you where dressed in armor he could only assume was handed down to her from Hungary when she was big in fighting. You didn't have a bubbly personality and an innocent smile plastered on your face, you had a much more serious tone to your voice when you spoke while kneeling down to him. This was a whole new side to (YourName) Luther wish he didn't discover. He wanted to remind you that you both knew each other before this meeting and how you didn't need to be formal but just like the others you shook your head and stated how he's in charge and you have to show honor.

Eventually Luther's brother came into place to fight next to him. You've encountered Gilbert while staying with Austria, loud and annoying. Durning fighting he was more serious and had a motive just like you, the same one was you truly. To protect The Holy Roman Empire. And that's exactly what you did, you did your job. You risked your life, before one of France's men could stab Luther you jumped in pushing him to the ground. At first Luther was about to yell at you at how you disrespected your so called 'honor', the man that stabbed (YourName) ran before someone could get revenge.