First Burn // Alfred F. Jones x Reader

1) It's been months since I last wrote anything
2) Kinda sorry? Sksksk idk not motivated really,,
3) I've wanted to write this for months now lmAO SO UHHH WOO!
4) No promises of this being good or written well or even edited (it was edited by @sinisterme- )
5) Thanks for 9.2k reads ily all so much 💕💕💕💕

* * *

You didn't feel very well the entire time you had been visiting your father upstate; it was due to a god awful feeling that your husband, Alfred F. Jones (who was known for arguing and standing up for what is right), was getting himself in trouble. Regardless, you brushed the feeling aside, wanting to be happy and carefree while with your family, but there was still a voice in your head telling you that something was off.

And now you know what had been wrong.

He had an affair, and how did you find out? Word spread around the town. Disgusting. You trusted Alfred ONCE to be alone without the family, and he had gone behind your back, committing ungodly acts with another woman. Your sister was visiting the same week you found out, and, between silent sobs, you told her what had happened. She held you for nearly an hour, "You married an Icarus, my dear.." she whispered.

After many quiet talks, tears being wiped, and gentle pats on your growing stomach, your sister chose to take the kids out to give you some peace. You were under a lot of stress with this new information, and it wasn't healthy for you OR the child growing inside of you. If you had to deal with this and the kids, who knows what would happen. Kissing your children's heads before watching them trot off with their aunt warmed your broken heart.

Watching the four of them leave the property, you grabbed whatever you needed to set ablaze. It was the middle of August, the weather was beginning to cool and this fire would make you sweat bullets, but you had a pressing urge to burn anything. You knew your husband was going to the history books for his past actions, and this sex affair would be a part of his downfall. You didn't want anything to do with it, so you grabbed your old letters and settled in front of a hot fire. Picking one up, you scanned over the words; tearing up, you quickly threw it into the fireplace. You settled one hand upon your stomach, and went ahead repeating the same action for every letter.

Alfred, who felt quite proud of himself, was returning home. He was sweating through his wool undershirt (despite it being mid August and the weather starting to slightly cool), but it was all he had at the time and it made him feel quite fancy. Seeing the smoke coming out of the chimney worried him. It was the middle of fucking August! His children and his pregnant wife were in the house!

He rushed inside, getting smacked in the face with a wave of heat, he could make out his wife sitting in front of the fire burning something while shaking. His three children nowhere to be seen. "[YourName]-" Alfred began taking a step toward your (HairColored) figure, only to be stopped by a quick loud shriek, "NO!" You got up quickly, the cool air from the open door cooling down the scorching heat from the fire. "Don't take a goddamn step closer, Alfred!" You yelled. This took Alfred back, what did he do so wrongly that his wife had to use such a loud, stern voice on him..?

Despite you screaming at him to not come any closer, he opened his arms and took one more step. "Stop it!" You screamed in a less confident voice than before, tears beginning to build up making your (EyeColor) irises seem glossy. "You know what you did! You're a poor excuse for a man, Alfred! A poor excuse!" You yelled turning your back on your husband, once again returning to the floor doing your best to grab whatever letters you could before throwing them into the fire. Alfred swiftly stepped closer, realizing what you were burning.

His letters.

"Wh- Honey.." He muttered. Just like before, in a quick movement, you were back up to your feet. "You fucking scum!" You yelled pushing your index finger into his chest, backing him away from the fire. "You're so dumb! You- You published those god awful letters between you and her. You told the whole world how you brought this WOMAN into OUR BED! ALFRED! OUR BED!" You said between angry tears that spilled from your misty eyes.

After backing him against the wall, you spun back around to the fire. You clutched your hand into a fist, you wanted to hurt this man so much. But you couldn't. "You've screwed up, Alfred!" You cried. "God-fucking-forbid someone whisper 'Alfred F. Jones is apart of some scheme!'" You ranted on, keeping your distance once again.

Alfred didn't understand, what did he do wrong? This was supposed to prove everyone that he wasn't a man stealing from government funds! You were supposed to be happy, not upset! "I know about whispers, Alfred! I've seen the way you look at my sister! The way women fall for your charm, dammit!" You just continued on; Alfred was starting to become guilty. People did uh... warn him not to publish this, but he just felt this need to prove himself.

You stood there staring into the fire, finally bending down and picking up the last letter that remained. You clutched it, ripping it into two before dropping one half into the fire. "Did you not think about your family? The kids? Well Alfred? Did you forget for a moment I existed? That your own children love you? You've ruined NOT JUST YOURS, BUT OUR LIVES! YOU BASTARD!" You screamed, throwing the last half of the letter into the fire. Then, you turned back to slap him.

"You don't deserve to sleep in the same room as I. You stay in your damn office." You cursed at your husband; you needed to get out of here now. The heat, despite the open door, was getting to you, and you were beginning to feel sick. You slipped on your shoes, grabbed a jacket, just in case, and headed out.

Alfred was stuck in his place, he thought about what he just witnessed in front of him. He messed up didn't he? If only he hadn't published his wrongdoings to prove himself. You wouldn't be under so much emotional stress, Alfred was beginning to regret his decisions.

* * *

Th-This don't mean I'm updating on the daily. I just- had random motivation and it's probably just me avoiding school work so- no daily gamer grind.

Also this was edited by @sinisterme-
Go follow her, she's my main hoe and I swear she's the bestest writer on the face of the Earth, plus she's hecka cool and totally didn't plug this in to promote herself. ;)