『 four: A SISTER'S PICKLE. 』

『 CHAPTER iv: A SISTER'S PICKLE

CHAPTER iv: A SISTER'S PICKLE.

JUNE IS ON THE TIP OF HER TOES AS SHE looks around the airport that has few people getting off

JUNE IS ON THE TIP OF HER TOES AS SHE looks around the airport that has few people getting off. She finds herself feeling nostalgia— who were those people? Where'd they come from? Did they have lives out of this traveling they did and if so, were they content enough with it? June hopes so. Because she also hoped they each had a thousand tomorrow's. Not a limited one like she did. Her tomorrow could very well be her last. She didn't know. Those people getting off the plane were probably living vagabond lives, the best of lives, maybe even the worst of lives. She didn't even know and that was almost more frightening that knowing. It wasn't her business to know others, but she was supposed to know her own. What was June Swan? More importantly, what was June Swan's damn business?

              In some alternative turn of events, June would be that person coming off a plane. A ticket in hand on the way from nowhere going somewhere — she loved drawing, painting and sculpting. Maybe she could study abroad in Italy and learn the arts, learn the motherland of art patrons and where Romeo and Juliet laid their scene and sealed their love with a everlasting kiss. But that was all apart of some alternate turn of events. Her reality was much plainer; she lived and breathed and would be deceased in the same place she was born. Never moving, never going anywhere. The thought made June's throat choke up.

It made her envious of the girl who came up right in front of Charlie and she — Bella, her older sister. She was still pretty. But the complete opposite of what she expected. It wasn't a bad thing. No tan lines, but the exact opposite: pale skin like the appearance of porcelain, many shades lighter than June's olive coloring. Bella's hair wasn't blonde like she expected either, not even a dirty blond like June's, but dark brown like Charlie's curls. She had their dad's eyes too, eyes that were all the colors of the color wheel mixed up to make brown, a utterly overlooked color that was absolutely stunning on June's sister. June was envious because while June would be an eternal teen, her spirit somewhere in a snazzy coffin that the hundreds she had stashed in her closet would help buy, her older sister would be living and breathing. Living her life, maybe even having some kids that would be told only once in a blue moon about their Auntie June. Bella was hesitant looking though, it was shown by the rosy tint on her cheeks as she saw June waving like a crazy person and Charlie nodding awkwardly.