『 eleven: ORIGIN OF FLOWER CHILD. 』

『 CHAPTER xi: ORIGIN OF FLOWER CHILD

CHAPTER xi: ORIGIN OF FLOWER CHILD. 』

                DAPHNE ULEY HAD NAMED HER DAUGHTER in respect to the line of plant-based names the Quileute women of their family kept for generations

                DAPHNE ULEY HAD NAMED HER DAUGHTER in respect to the line of plant-based names the Quileute women of their family kept for generations. In the family tree of the Blackthorn name ( her grandmother's maiden name ) there was an abundance of females named Jasmine, Dahlia, or Violet and Laurel, even Daisy or Amaryllis. When young pregnant Daphne had realized she was having a girl, she was over the moon with joy. Charlie had been so happy, there had never been a bigger smile on his face than when Daphne handed him their daughter with loving eyes and a tired smile and pronounced that their Juniper had been born. A bonny baby girl with irises such a daring blue the nurses in the hospital all sighed fondly when she opened her eyes. It wasn't a spring of the moment kinda deal in naming who is now widely known as June Swan — the juniper plant was fairly common for being used as a Christmas tree, which was probably Daphne favorite time of the year.

           June was a sucker for origin stories; she loved hearing why they were all named from plants and flowers alike. Her favorite, which June always absentminded thought about when she saw her mom and dad in the same, was the story of how Daphne and Charlie fell in love. Daphne had known him her whole life, since he was close with Billy Black, Harry Clearwater and Quil Ateara IV when they were teens and even till now, minus Quil Ateara the fourth dying because of a storm years ago. She had kept her affections a secret until after Renée, Bella's mom, had left Charlie taking baby Bella with her. Daphne swooped in at a tender time but no better could it have been for the broken-hearted Charlie Swan who realized what a gem he had in front of his eyes the entire time. A turbulent love whirled out of control and resulted into Juniper. Everything was perfect; a doting father and the lovely mother and the beautiful baby. Until that beautiful little girl's life was prophesied to end before it ever would begin and shattered the perfect picture.

June shook her head, reminding herself that Edward was right next to her and no matter how staticky her thoughts sounded to him he could still hear them regardless. They sat on the rocks near the shore deep in the forest behind where they lived. June was waiting for the call from her dad that said her mom had arrived – her mom was coming home today. June couldn't help but feel such relief. She needed her mom.