『 twenty two: HOWEVER LONG FOREVER IS ... 』

『 chapter xxii: HOWEVER LONG FOREVER IS

chapter xxii: HOWEVER LONG FOREVER IS ... 』

JUNE CAN'T REMEMBER A TIME WHERE SHE actually enjoyed someone's attention

JUNE CAN'T REMEMBER A TIME WHERE SHE actually enjoyed someone's attention. Sure, she was living for that shit when it came to dying some pretty-cheerleader but it was nothing compared to being the sole attention of someone who you wanted to spend every waking moment with. June blames the continuous spin of Elvis Presley's can't help falling in love playing the night prior when Jacob had texted her — YOU ALWAYS LOOK BEAUTIFUL BUT WEAR SOMETHING NICE, PICKING YOU UP @ 7 ! x. This was probably their first official date. They had gone to movies and to dinner, sure, they had been going steady for some time now. But June wonders, stupidly and unfairly, if she ever felt this giddy when she was with Mike? It was nothing more than hanging out with a friend when she was with him, sadly. The guy deserved the way Jessica Stanley looks at him for his entire life. It was wrong to compare Mike and Jacob, even more wrong to compare any other of June Swan's short lived flings with various pretty boys. She however, couldn't deny how intimate every moment with Jacob felt. She wasn't as cliche to say that she felt sparks or something because that wasn't a real emotion; she did feel complete though. June knew it was hard to believe, hard to explain. Only sixteen and already believing you're complete. Some adults might laugh in her face if she tried to describe what she felt for Jacob, she'd stay cautious on throwing out the l word, like always, but it was getting there.

So the lovesick sixteen year old spent the morning showering and shaving and dolling herself up with the knowing eyes of her sister and parents following her as she ran around the house like a maniac — an impromptu spa day, painting her toe nails and nails the same pretty salmon color that her dress was. Daphne had bought it for her on her birthday and she had yet to wear it; it was a soft material, it dusts her ankles and the subtle slit at the side was only noticeable when she bent her knee, or moved the fabric to expose it.

June let her dirty blonde hair air dry before she spent half an hour straightening it. She was left clasping a necklace that had a rose gold flower dangling from it, resting on her chest. June would admit her skin wasn't the clearest, so the foundation and other powders certainly helped her out and the rosy lipstick made her features more lively and her cheeks more pink. Combing her lashes with some jet black mascara was the finishing touch. Pretty enough.