『 thirty five, end of pt ii: SURVIVOR'S GUILT. 』

『 chapter xxxiv: SURVIVOR'S GUILT

chapter xxxiv: SURVIVOR'S GUILT.
end of part ii

THIS NIGHT, WOULD BE THE NIGHT THAT JUNE credits to her end

THIS NIGHT, WOULD BE THE NIGHT THAT JUNE credits to her end. Where her already complicated life tangles even more, knots erupting at every inch. June couldn't untangle them fast enough before another one came up. As Bella parked the truck alongside the driveway of their home, June could feel her skin flame up in some sort of alarming way. She narrowed her eyes, looking at the rear view mirror and expecting to see a splotch of red curly hair or something as sinister to that extent. But there was nothing. Willie fussed in his car seat and June was momentarily occupied; she scooped up the baby from his little prison and held him close.

"Is something wrong?" Bella asks hesitantly when June doesn't get out of the car quick enough.

"No," June replies quickly. Her eyes betray her words, because her older sister can see the storms of blues twirling in her irises. "I don't know." June admits, patting Willie's back soothingly. "I just feel off ... maybe I should text Jacob or something—"

"I'm sure he's on his way," Bella assures, suddenly stiff.

June glances to her sister to see that she's looking in the rear view mirror as well. Again, June lifts her eyes and sees nothing. Except when she does. Carlisle's car. That sleek black show off sports car that had every middle class student of Forks drooling over whenever Edward rolled up in it. The realization of what that meant had her bones frozen. It didn't make sense, Edward swore he'd never return, none of them would. It had been close to a year, many months. Many chances to return. It made zero sense to show up out of the blue — June immediately held Willie close and looked to Bella, already seeing her fumble with her seatbelt.

"Bella, no," June snapped, cautious to not upset Willie, who was mindlessly babbling in her arms.

"It's them!" Bella's face was filled with so much emotion, she looked like she could almost cry. "June, it's his car, you know it too, it's them! They're here—"

"Listen to me!" June hissed, snapping Bella out of her dazed state. "Think, Bella! Why would they come back after all this time?" She asked rhetorically. "It doesn't make any sense—"