『 twenty five: SOUNDS LIKE THE MOON! 』

『 chapter xxv: SOUNDS LIKE THE MOON! 』

chapter xxv: SOUNDS LIKE THE MOON! 』

JUNE DROVE TO THE RESERVATION WITH AN absolute purpose: to confront her absentee boyfriend and his alleged newfound friendship with her cousin, another person whom June had to deal with, another time, another place

JUNE DROVE TO THE RESERVATION WITH AN absolute purpose: to confront her absentee boyfriend and his alleged newfound friendship with her cousin, another person whom June had to deal with, another time, another place. She'd be damned if Sam got to her boyfriend and initiated him into whatever mall cop cult they formed with one another. June keeps thinking about Jacob's unsettled face when he told her how upset he was about Sam giving him some look, like he was waiting for him. June saw it was pouring harder than before, she grumbled under her breath as her skin started feeling feverish and cursed herself for not changing out of her stupid cheer uniform before she drove to the Rez. June wondered if a cheerleader looking like a wet sewer rat would be intimidating enough? Whatever the case, she pulled into the Black residence and parked Bella's squeaky truck by the side of the house.

June looked up before she yanked the keys out of the ignition. She saw a figure, shirtless and muscular, walking through to backyard with ease — Jacob. He didn't look sickly, she doubted people with mono could be shirtless in the rain and jean shorts anyway. June felt the anger and the betrayal seep through her skin. She quickly pulled on her hoodie and jumped out of the truck.

"JACOB!" She yelled out.

The figure stopped but didn't turn just yet. June took a moment to realize that it was in fact Jacob, except his beautiful long hair had been cut to dust right where his ears were. Her heart was beating irrationally, out of anger and with the adrenaline for the confrontation taking place. June took another step forward before he turned to look at her.

Jacob didn't want to open his eyes. He took a sharp intake of air when he finally did, looking at the angry girl right in front of him. Heat flooded him instantly, stronger than before, hotter than when he first transformed but it was a new kind of heat—it wasn't painful. It was warm and it enveloped every inch of him. He felt it course through his veins and in the blood that pumped his heart. Everything that made Jacob who he was had disconnected from him all at once floated up into space, though was not left drifting. A new string held him where he was. Not one string, but a million. Not strings, but steel cables. A million steel cables all tying Jacob to one thing—to the very center of the universe. He could see that now—how the universe swirled around this one point. He'd never seen the symmetry of the universe before, but now it was plain to him. The gravity of the earth no longer tied him to the place where he stood.