『 forty-eight : BRING HOME the RAREST FLOWER. 』

『 chapter xlviii : BRING HOME the RAREST FLOWER

chapter xlviii : BRING HOME the RAREST FLOWER. 』

IN ALL THE HOPE SHE HAD, JUNIPER NEVER did give much thought onto how she'd die

IN ALL THE HOPE SHE HAD, JUNIPER NEVER did give much thought onto how she'd die. It's like when you prepare for something so much and then the day gets there and you're left underwhelmed. It doesn't go how you pictured it, but you don't really know what it was your pictured anyway. That's how Juniper feels. Standing on the mountain top, snow all around her, melting as soon as the flakes fall on top of her burning skin. Her blue eyes are almost the shade of the snow, icy and calm, nothing near the blizzard that occurred the night before. The snow crunches underneath her snow boots, Seth in his wolf form near her looking unbothered by the snow under his paws. Seth looks at her and she smiles half heartedly. She knows he can hear the battle raging on below them.

       June tucks a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, a puff of warm air leaving her lips as she parts them. She sees an icicle hanging on the tree in front of her, she walks up to it, and can barely see herself. If she were to look at her reflection right now, she'd probably think, huh, pretty enough.

But what she'd really see is a girl who's taken too much from herself, from others. Who expected great things and horrible things. Tragic or heroic or ambitious are the three things they'll struggle to decide what to label her as. Will she be Macbeth? Will she be Julius? Or will she be Juliet? For one thing, she'd be what they all ended up as: dead.

        In the reflection of the icicle, she sees Seth. With her magic, she sends a mental message to him, opening the communication. She turns to him.

Sorry you couldn't join the fight, bambino.

Seth huffs, Leah wasn't gonna let me fight either way. Besides, I think you might be harder to guard than it is to fight down there.

June grins, You're keeping up.

The young wolf gives her a wolffish smile. He stops and she reads his thoughts as they pass; Leah's fast, catching a few newborns that had been ahead of the group easily. Sam's flanking her with Jared and Quil who catch he split group of newborns. Jacob and Paul are already helping the Cullen's, tearing off heads of a few cold ones as they run through the field.