『 fourteen: CHANGELING. 』

『 CHAPTER xiv: CHANGELING

CHAPTER xiv: CHANGELING.  』

JUNE HAD GIVEN A LOT OF THOUGHT ON how she would die

JUNE HAD GIVEN A LOT OF THOUGHT ON how she would die. Ever since her grandma Iris had held her hands and whispered her untimely fate, Juniper always wondered how it would be met. A car crash seemed too mortal for the scene of her final breath, suicide was probably the most likely, if June was able to cut out her own heart and hold it in her hand like her grandmother said she'd be. She had written out multiple scenarios down in her head, each of them were more gruesome than the next but the main focal point in them all was that June Swan was her own harbinger of death. Ultimately it was her own course of action that would decide how she died. It sickened her to think of, now. It gave her a great unhappiness to remember how Edward Cullen was so determined and cutthroat to have her older sister in safety once more, to the point where his own eternal life could be ended. And there June was, silently hoping that if anyone has to die, let it be her. She was selfish, she didn't want anyone else to be mourned in the scenario they were in. Just her. But Edward and his family had given her a new perspective, one June was readily and willing to die for — dying in the place of someone you love, sounded like a beautiful way to go.

Though like all epic heroes, they had to defeat their villain to meet their own fate. The plan to lead the Tracker, June's own storybook villain, away was simple. Bella was going to Phoenix with most of the Cullen's behind her while Rosalie and Esme stayed behind with June and her parents. There was of course, like most fairytale, many obstacles to face before they all met the big bad. Right now, pulling into June and Bella's driveway, was the biggest they'd have to face. June was going to say goodbye to her hero, to Bella who was in the most gravest form of danger to ever live — someone who wanted her life. But June, how she wishes saying goodbye would be easy, how she wishes her sister will never be in sight to see her take her last breath.

"Time to put your best game face girls," Emmett says, getting her attention with his dimpled smile. He reaches over to unbuckle her. "Let's win an Oscar with a good performance, yeah?"