『 thirteen: "HEY BATTER-BATTER, SWING!" 』

warning, these next
three chapters will be
long as they are the last
ones of part one:)

warning, these next three chapters will be long as they are the last ones of part one:)

CHAPTER xiii: "HEY BATTER-BATTER SWING" !

A MOMENT OF NEARNESS ENAMORES the fifteen-year old princess living in the two story home, her castle, her prison

A MOMENT OF NEARNESS ENAMORES the fifteen-year old princess living in the two story home, her castle, her prison. The house is a prison because it now houses more inhabitants than it has for a long time, because it makes her doubt her fate, her viewing of herself as some epic hero. She's a self-proclaimed princess who's titles were stubbornness and cynicism and an morbid obsession with her impending death — that's what the princess ruled over. Months ago, she didn't have a sister. Months ago, she didn't even have her mother living in the same state. Months ago, she didn't have painful bruises and weird magic running through her veins that physically drained her each time she used it.Now, she had many things like that sister she never really had and not only a mother who was back in the same state, but a mother who lived in the same home as her. It was all a moment of nearness, even if some things don't go as planned, as hoped. Even when June was alone in her room with her dog and the quiet hum of seventies music playing.

But most of all, months ago, she wasn't in Port Angeles by the pier with Rosalie Hale — the day was gloomy and dark as it could be. The clouds rolled over like thick halloween spiderweb decorations, otherwise dull, but the blond next to her was transcendent. Rosalie had a beauty that was nostalgia and melancholy rolled in one walking girl. She was once made to be Edward's mate, though Edward had told her that Rosalie was too vain and shallow for him. June could imagine why — Rosalie's smiles were quaint but they could make someone in the area sigh with content. She's so beautiful, she makes any painting any renowned artist has ever made look like a kindergartner's drawing. Her blond hair was too lovely to be just blond, nothing compared to June's own dirty blond locks that were always too honey colored to be fully pretty. But Rosalie's sadness, June thinks, has to do with June herself. She can tell the way Rosalie will stare at her for a moment too long, the way her face falls a bit more and the smile is always too forced.