『 thirty one: WAITRESS/MENDER/DYING GIRL. 』

『 chapter xxxi: WAITRESS/MENDER/DYING GIRL

chapter xxxi: WAITRESS/MENDER/DYING GIRL. 』

LIFE HAD TO GO ON, AS USUAL

LIFE HAD TO GO ON, AS USUAL. JUNE COULDN'T run from her fate, she never tried to outrun it and it never really let her catch up to it in the first place. She'd have to take the suffering in silence for a while longer, with the cold weather rolling in quickly, she'd be lucky if her tears froze before they could ever fall. Sully's had never been more busy in June's opinion but in reality she reasoned to herself that she took on the extra shifts because it got her mind off of anything other than the reality she didn't want to face. June wanted to be that sixteen year old waitress who the elderly smiles attaining the vision of a young girl who was working a diner to make ends meet in hopes of getting out of this town, a fanciful girl with pretty dreams and nothing in the world that could dare harm her. They couldn't be more wrong just as June couldn't get whatever she was worrying about out of her mind. She had spent days in her room, reading through the books about the history of the Mender and just came up with different incantations and other things of the healing variety. She felt like some badass voodoo queen, mixing with the potions and the salves and making the herbs she wanted to grow sprout from the soil in the flower pot she had.

But she's not a Mender today, she doesn't have the lingering doubt in her mind or the restlessness of her heart that urges her to call Jacob. Today she's June the Waitress, at everyone service in the diner. She's giving out coffee and expertly placing down orders of breakfast food and whatnot. She'll admit she uses some magic to stop the hot plates she's been grabbing all day from burning her soft palms but that's it. No bruises have erupted, strangely enough, but she feels lightheaded every time she cures a burn regardless.

June bounds over to table she sees hasn't been waited on and blinks in surprise at the familiar face. "Riley?" She chirps, a easy breath leaving her lips. "Wow, you're here."

                      Riley Biers was from Forks, his whole family was, model citizens. His older sister Emma used to babysit June when she was younger; Riley was the middle child and had been at Oregon State on full scholarship for the past year, but had been a senior at the high school when June was a sophomore. His parents hasn't stopped glowing with pride at their son. She noticed that blonde head of hair immediately. Riley's handsome face beamed up at her at the chime of his name, his brown eyes holding the same surprise in them as hers did. Several textbooks were scattered around the table with a laptop at his side.