『 nine: RATS AND SUPER RATS. 』

『 CHAPTER xi: RATS AND SUPER RATS

CHAPTER xi: RATS AND SUPER RATS.  』

JUNE NOTICED, IN ABOUT THE HANDFUL of adults she's around most days, aren't as satisfied with their jobs as they push themselves to be

JUNE NOTICED, IN ABOUT THE HANDFUL of adults she's around most days, aren't as satisfied with their jobs as they push themselves to be. They work nine to five just to stay alive basically. It's a rigorous yet tedious routine that they've grown accustomed to. Happiness or loving isn't anything close to the adjective they'd use for their work life. June however, loves her job. She gets to sing songs from the musical the waitress and pretends she's living in New York in some small town diner, which she is, but on the wrong coast. June sometimes thinks she looks like some hard-working heroine that might need saving by a cute web-slinger or is most likely the one doing the saving; usually, it's June saving herself from dark thoughts and even more deeper anxiety attacks. She feels like some fifties waitress's and wishes they'd let her wear skates and wear a little hat to top it off but Farah Sully was always preaching about how small town was anyway and she didn't want to be held responsible if someone falls due to their skates and cracks their head on the floor, her restaurant floor. June blows her growing fringe from her forehead as she waits for the coffee to start brewing, all while listening to some Forks police officers, minus her dad, talk about how the unexplained deaths or killings had quickly rising to four people now and the towns folks were starting to get nervous. June frowns, wondering when there had been more? She only remembers that guard down from Mason County her dad told her about when they had picked up Bella a few weeks ago.

                 Thinking of her sister puts her on edge. June kept on hearing maybe it's a serial killer to probably a wild animal on rabies and it just made her more jittery. Bella was in Port Angeles with Jessica and Angela helping them shop for dresses for prom — who knows how far this killer-slash-animal-on-rabies might travel. Bella did have the worst of luck as well.

"June! Carry out order ready!" Joaquin their second cook called out, ringing the bell. "Lunch platter."

"Thanks, comrade," June winked and took the to-go box from him.