『 thirty four: CLEARWATER. 』

『 chapter xxxiv: CLEARWATER

chapter xxxiv: CLEARWATER. 』

AS IF THE SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL WITH EYES bluer than the sea of which her older sister is being dragged out of didn't have much days to begin with, she was sure that seeing Bella paler than ever on the black sand of the shore was taking some more ...

AS IF THE SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL WITH EYES bluer than the sea of which her older sister is being dragged out of didn't have much days to begin with, she was sure that seeing Bella paler than ever on the black sand of the shore was taking some more days off. June had ran and ran and ran until she saw no more trees and until she could finally let Jacob catch up to her, wolf form and all. She had screamed when she saw her sister jump from the cliffs and the crippling terror June had months ago — the one that paralleled the fear that was accompanied by Bella's severe depression, the one that made her seemingly dead and willing to take her own life — rushed back to her brain.

   June crumbled down on her knees, her hands immediately going to Bella's chest as she lay motionless. She did chest compression and did her best to try and get the water out of Bella's lungs but she could hear her breathing thin and her chest fall flatter. She was crying loudly then and Jacob took over pushing down on Bella's chest, still, June could only cry and hear the ocean crash near them and Bella's labored breathing.

What she had to do was clear. Regardless of the warnings of Jacob, "June, don't—"

"She's my sister," June replied like that was all that there was needed to say, and that was. "I have to save her."

June's hands reached her sister's face and she poured the tingling sensation of her magic into her. June winced as she felt the power in her bones argue with use. Jacob's hand went to rub her back soothingly. Like clockwork, Bella's face was revived of its blushing red color and her lips turned pink again. Water spewed from her mouth and she coughed and coughed.

"Bella!" June sobbed, pulling her sister up. Bella slowly wrapped her arms around June as well. June cried and cried and cried. She didn't know what else to do. Her sister almost died. Bella almost died— "What the fuck were you thinking? You were trying ... what were you doing?!"