🌺( alternate ending : THE FLOWER BLOOMS ) 🌺

just something I thought y'all would like. ✨

introducing ...
brenda schad as older!june swan

THE FLOWER BLOOMS!
alternate ending.

IN THIS IDEALISTIC WORLD, JUNIPER'S LIFE did not end in that cursed meadow when she was only sixteen years old

IN THIS IDEALISTIC WORLD, JUNIPER'S LIFE did not end in that cursed meadow when she was only sixteen years old. In this world, June slept like the princess from that children's movie, only to be awoken by the spirits of the Mender's before her. For the power of a Mender was only granted to a girl who chose sacrifice over her own hearts desires. The Third Wife — who June finally learns was named Alua — and Melanie Capote — congratulate her in the in between where the tribe spirits rest forever.

And then they let her wake, stronger, with her powers. With no price. No bruises, no bleeding, no fainting spells. No, that lovely flower girl still blooms. And the flower child lives to become a garden of a woman. Life goes on even when she's been exposed to a world where she knows some beings cannot go on. Where time is stuck for them, frozen.

           A cold and desolate concept to many who are unfamiliar with it entails. Except she's also been exposed to the bright side of it, she's asked them first hand how they grasp reality with they are the epitome of a dream? She learns they surround themselves with other beings who warm up some part of the coldness that forever brings, it makes them believe, even for a tiny moment of their eternity that the next day is worth living.

And the peace slowly comes after that.

          Juniper Swan's peace comes exactly ten years after her brush with those frozen beings who wanted nothing but death for her and her loved ones. June doesn't know exactly when it comes, it more of a feeling, waking up and one day being, okay, this is nice. It doesn't come easy; she's not the same teen spirit as she used to be, she's aged, she knows death and doesn't curse at it anymore. Juniper thinks it's absurd to assume that someone could go through half of their life with death at their door to carry on as if nothing ever happened. Juniper can't tell anyone the exact day or year or month she wakes up and isn't bombarded with the thought of, is someone still trying to kill me and everyone I love? It takes her a long time to make peace with her own mind, to assure herself and take heed of the assurance her thoughts give her.

          WHEN JUNIPER MARRIES JACOB she is twenty-five years on this earth; she doesn't look a day over eighteen and neither does her handsome groom. June's walked down the isle with her dad holding her tight, her eyes the same shade as the something blue flower pin that's sparking in her hair. Her sister is her bridesmaid and June remembers how Bella's eyes couldn't stray from one of Jacob's groomsmen, Quil had only gotten handsomer with each passing year. ( Later, June will realize that's the exact moment that Quil and Bella's story began. ) Everyone in attendance has not a dry eye, for they cry from sheer joy at the couple who've loved each other since they could understand what loving someone meant. It's a beautiful moment. It's love. It's living.