Chapter 11 - Josie

I had met Ethan's family who were very pleasant. I couldn't get over how young Ethan's parents looked, they seemed to be early forties but surely that wasn't possible. I didn't know how old Ethan was, he looked like he was mid-twenties I suppose. We sat and chatted for what seemed like ages, it was a very light but interesting conversation. The staff prepared a light meal for us as I wasn't overly hungry anyway. Ethan's parents had gone elsewhere for their dinner, Claude had followed the blonde from the park up the grand staircase and Montana left us in peace to have dinner alone. I didn't know what to make out about Claude and the blonde. I know Ethan said that he had a girlfriend for every day of the week but it seemed more like he had one for every hour of the day. My mind was right about Claude; he was a cheat. So canoodling in a park wasn't a sign of being faithful. After dinner Ethan showed me to my room. It was as big as the apartment that I shared with Andy, maybe even bigger. One very large bed sat against the wall on the left hand side, a pretty fuchsia cover sat perfectly straight on it. The room was like a mini apartment, all that was missing was a kitchen and laundry. I had a lounge that sat in front of a little fire place, there was a table and two chairs that sat out on the balcony, a shower and toilet and one very big wardrobe. Enough to put my little bag of clothes in and have enough left over space to throw a party in. It was very warm and cosy; the walls were a pale creamy colour that matched the thick pile carpet.

Ethan left me in peace to rest for the night, stating he had to do paperwork for the club. His room was the next one along if I happened to need anything and with a cheeky grin he also suggested that if I happened to be lonely, I could stop by. As much as it was a tempting thought, I was tired. So I opted for another day which he accepted without complaint. If I thought I was going to get a good night's sleep, I was wrong. A minute had barely passed after I had shut the door and someone was knocking on it. I opened it to find Montana with a bottle of tequila and a basket full of nail polish bottles. One girl's night in for someone who was in desperate need of some girly time.

When the clock struck midnight, Montana finally decided that she was drunk enough to go to bed. I of course was completely drunk, had confessed far too many sins to this almost stranger and I think I may have told her how much I wanted to remove the clothes off her brother. As she packed away the bottles of nail polish I squinted my eyes as my mind rolled with the effects of alcohol. Yes, I did tell her that. I remember because she cheekily asked which one. Jeez, I am a terrible drunk.

**************************************************

'Josie! Wake up.'

My eyes fly open, staring at the ceiling, I feel two firm cold hands on my shoulders, gently shaking me awake. I lift my head slightly to see Ethan sitting on the edge of my bed. It was just a dream he coos to me, pulling my sweat soaked body into his arms. The sheets tied in knots around my legs, the bed slightly damp from the sweat, where I was laying. My heart struggled to settle down as the fear grips me.

Another vivid nightmare. This time I was on the beach, laying on my stomach, getting a tan. I could feel the warmth of the sun on my back, gently soaking into my skin. The grains of sand filtering through my fingers. My stomach gurgled, I felt a sharp pain shoot through me as I rolled over to see the black mark on my stomach again. It leaches through my skin, rising through me, taking control of me.

For minutes he holds me tight, I don't know why it is but it feels right. It feels normal but somewhere deep in the back of my mind something whispers to me that he is different. Something unknown. He kindly offers to get me a drink and even though I am not thirsty, I accept his offer. Why? He returns a few minutes later with a warm cup of cocoa. As I sip it, I see something strange, a little bit of redness in the corner of his mouth. Bit his lip was his reason as he wiped it away.

As he untangles my legs from the sheet, he suggests I take a shower to rid my body of the sweat. Again, I accept his offer, even though I would rather go to sleep. What is wrong with me? I gather a fresh set of clothes from my bag and walk towards the en suite. I stop at the door and look at him sitting on the edge of my bed. Damn he looks so good in those thin long pants, no shirt showing off that stunning toned body. Did I want some company? He asked and unbelievably I said yes. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm tired and want to go back to bed! Am I going insane? He grins as he gets up and saunters over, following me into the bathroom.