A note from the author

Well my lovelies, another little tale done. Did that answer any questions you had about Steph? I hope so :)

Next in the series is Ivy, daughter of Lilly and Patrick. This is more of a Ivy and Jonah tale but told from Ivy's point of view. Well, almost. Check out below for the first chapter and the cover to the side.

Enjoy! xMishx

Chapter 1 as told by Jonah.

The air around carried a familiar sound, the sweet tones of laughter from one very beautiful woman. I hid behind a nearby plant and watched the two women pass by without seeing me. Both were tall and thin, one blonde haired woman and one jet black haired woman. There was only one that held my fascination. She had always held my fascination, even as a child I thought the world of her. Bright and cheeky, she smiled at me constantly and had me captivated. I had tried to distract myself from her, thinking that I was not worthy of her but no woman could ever make me happy like she did. No woman ever got past the suggestion of dating, I was never interested in anything they had to offer. I would die a lonely old man rather than approach her with a closet full of skeletons. I didn't expect the same from her, but I hoped that I was the only one for her.

There was a man that always followed the raven haired temptress. Her kings guard. I knew I should have one too, but it was like having my grandfather watching over me, only a younger version. I could only imagine what he would say to my father. 'Your highness, I fear for your son's mind, he has gone most mad with his stalking of the same woman again. This is the third week in a row that he has haunted her every step around mid-jump.' I was mad, watching her from a distance, wishing I had the guts to say something to her. It wasn't as if she was unapproachable, we were already friends, our families had been close for longer than I had walked this planet, yet when it came to the crunch, I was a blithering mess. How could one person affect me so? We had spent so long playing together, our siblings were all good friends with each other. I had spent so many days at her house and her family had done the same at my house. We played games when we were children, we swam in the pool and climbed trees, made forts in the play room. Yet get me alone with her and I could barely speak. But today could be different I thought. Maybe the presence of her friend might be the very thing that I need to get over my awkwardness around her.

I didn't know why I was like this all of a sudden. The cards had been done, my mother had given me my own set when I turned eighteen and that very night I sat by myself in my room and did them. Three cards that were an indication of the past, present and future. The past card was pretty simple, it was me standing on a bed of flowers, a wreath of flowers around my head. There was nothing special about the card, I knew what it meant, I was royalty and it showed me as a direct line to the throne of the kingdom of Arque. Which if I was realistic about the throne and me ascending to it, it was never going to happen unless there was some catastrophic set of events that knocked out my grandfather, my uncle, his son and my father. I was realistic and I didn't want to be king. The second card was the present, me at eighteen. Again, it was nothing special. It was me at university, studying vampire law. This was no human university; this was only for dark beings. I was expected to follow my father's footsteps and become the right hand man to Lucian when he ascended to the throne. Which like ascending to the throne in my own kingdom, I did not want. I was so adamant that I didn't want anything to do with the position. The reality of the position was that I would be his personal assistant. And even though I had tried to resist, I was doing exactly what I did not want. Assistant to the prince of the realm. The third card was what shook me to the very core, the future. She was in my future, I just had to get there somehow. It was of two people; it was me with my arms holding her tight to my body. I was protecting her. We both wore wreaths of flowers, both being royalty. We both stood on a flower covered ground but it was the ground underneath that was heart stopping. It was blood, blood dripped over the dirt layer below the flowers. I didn't know what it meant but all I could see was her long flowing silken black hair that laid beautifully down her back. Two jade green eyes stared up at me from the card and I knew in an instant who it was.

Maybe I had always been a little awkward around her but never realised it. Although I was definitely awkward around her when she got around in a tiny bikini. Memories of her luscious curves swamped my mind, I could feel the lust burning through me. I shook them off not wanting an embarrassing situation. 'Your highness, your son was found hiding behind a plant, watching the women with a carnal look in his eye and let's not speak of what was happening in his pants.' Stepping out from behind the plant I watched as they entered the department store, the guard not far behind. It was interesting to watch him, he maintained a respectful distance unlike a lot of guards. I hadn't been in this store and looked at the map in the entry, watching as they moved toward the female clothing section. They had gone past the men's clothes, so I could not use that as an excuse to be here. There was only one choice unless I wanted to look like a weirdo hanging around the toy section. It was the music department. This was going to be easy, at least I hoped. Walk a direct line to the music section like I was intentionally going there and not stalking a friend, if her eye happens to catch me, say a polite and warm hello as she would expect. The blonde would be my unknowing wing-woman.

I could do this, I Jonah Waeston could talk to Ivy Nicolai.