Chapter 18 - Ethan

'What the hell is wrong with you?' she hissed at me.

I picked up her panties holding them out to her. She snatched them from my fingers and put them on, scowling at me the whole time. Then she stalked down the corridor to the powder room. When she righted herself and emerged from the room, her fingers touched where I sank my fangs into her, not a single trace of a wound. A human would have bite marks, a little blood trickling out, but not her, she is not human. She healed as soon as I pulled out of her skin, not a drop of blood spilled. It wasn't a wise thing to do, I knew it but with the heat of the moment I had lost control. Her blood was so sweet, tasting her made it all the more better. The rush of euphoria and the lust of the feed, it was too much for me. I knew I should have waited so that I could tell her rather than show her but I was lost in the moment. Now I was paying for it. The look on her face was one of confusion and hurt, she couldn't understand what had happened. Not only had I subjected her to sex in a very public place with my family listening but I had bitten her, fed from her and now it looked like she hated me. It was the last thing that I wanted but I would be damned before I would allow Hesreth to take her by force.

'What are you?'

'There are a lot of things that I need to tell you, but my concern is that you will hear one thing and refuse to listen to the rest.'

'Well why don't you start with why you had to have me in the hall.'

'Because of that man.'

'Why?'

'He knew what you are, why you are here, he would have taken you and impregnated you.'

She snorts, laughing a little.

'Sorry that isn't possible, the doctor told me I can't have children, my bits don't work.'

'You can have children and humans are idiots, they know nothing of our world. Don't believe anything any human doctor has told you.'

'What world? Why do you keep referring to humans as if you aren't one?'

'Because I am not one, neither are you.'

'What are you?' she frowns 'What am I?'

'You, my beautiful love,' my fingers trace the outline of her jaw 'are rather complicated, I however, am not.'

Get ready for her to run. My mind whispers to me.

'I am a vampire.'

She began to laugh, she gripped her stomach laughing so hard, she had tears coming out of her eyes. The laughing stopped when I grabbed her wrist and sank my fangs in, feeding in front of her. Her eyes widened with shock, her head shook as she whispered no. I pulled my fangs out and showed the bite marks, healing at its usual rapid rate. She looked at her wrist and then the blood that was probably still on my fangs with even more shock.

'What am I?' she whispers, little tears trickling out.

'I think it would be easier to show you a few things.'