Chapter 17 - Josie

I wake in the lounge, my eyes open to the view of the ornate light fitting overhead. My head was resting on Ethan's lap, his fingers gently caressing the top of my head. I could hear the feint murmur of everyone talking, standing around watching me. My head thumps heavily, the room blurs in and out, eventually it slows. Two sharp green eyes look down at me with a soft grin, lifting me up gently to sit beside him.

'What happened?'

'You feinted. Probably not eating enough.'

He quickly looked over me, pulling the skin down under my eyes and looking at them.

'How do you feel?'

'Ok I suppose. My vision is still a little blurred and the thumping in my head is starting to dwindle. I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably just another great side effect of having cancer. I'm sure I will be fine after eating.'

Ethan quietly nodded, though I noticed the little glance that he gave Preston. Maybe they were both worried that it was a sign that the cancer was progressing. Preston was sitting on the edge of the coffee table near me, beside him was one odd little bag. It was a worn brown leather bag, very much like what a doctor would have.

'Are you a doctor?'

'Sorry?' he frowned at me with a slight grin.

'The bag, are you a doctor?'

'Oh this, no.'

He could see the disbelief on my face, I could see that there was more to this man than what these people would have me believe.

'Just my little bag of tricks, my dear.'

Then the bag went off the table, pushed under it by his heel. Again, he and Ethan exchanged looks. This was very suspicious behaviour.

'Well, I think dinner is getting cold, how about we get moving.'

Ethan helped me to my feet, moving me along the corridor and into the chair. Dinner smelled divine, I couldn't wait to start eating. But something was wrong, something was very strange. Everyone seemed on edge. I wasn't sure if it was because I had feinted or if it was something else. They were very quiet, so quiet that when one of the servants came in the door, it scared the crap out of me. He spoke quietly to Ethan's father, Conrad, I think his name is. He nods at the servant and gestures him away. All of a sudden he gets up from the table, excusing himself from our company and leaves, leaves half of his meal behind. I on the other hand was famished. I ate everything on the four plates that were put in front of me. Not a scrap of food was wasted.

After dinner, everyone had decided to retire to the lounge for a drink. As we walked into the entry to cross into the lounge, I see Conrad talking at the open door to a dark hooded fellow, cape flowing in the gentle breeze. The man's head turns towards us, but I see nothing but black. All I could hear was growling, the hooded fellow must have brought a dog with him, I didn't think that Ethan and his family had dogs. Maybe they did and I hadn't seen them yet. The man shifted his body, Conrad held the edge of his shoulder firmly, whispering something to him. Dread crawled through me, I could feel my skin prickle as I watched the man. His chest was heaving heavily, Conrad now had two hands on his shoulders. Ethan tugs on my hand, pulling me around the corner. He kisses me hard, pushing me against the wall, nearly crushing me under his weight. Ethan whispers to me through the kisses on my neck, asking me if I wanted him. For some unknown reason, without any thought I said yes. He questioned me again, right here, right now? My mind said no but my mouth said yes. What is wrong with me? His family, friends and some dark figure are meters away and could hear us, not to mention the staff that constantly roam these halls. His hands move under my dress, pulling my panties down. I can feel something in my stomach tingling, not the usual tingles of lust or desire, this is different. The wind rushes through the hallway, leaves following its path, a voice whispering through it. Ethan pushes into me with a soft groan, wrapping my legs around his waist. The voice on the wind speaks incomprehensible words. I thought that I could hear a struggle in the entry way but the voice on the wind got louder, it was soon joined by another voice, this one a little deeper than the other. They said the same thing over and over again until I heard the door slam shut. The quietness soon returned and all I could hear was mine and Ethan's heavy breathing, getting heavier and heavier the closer we got to climaxing. His tongue traced a line on my neck, he purred in my ear how beautiful I am and as the sensations flowed through me, he bit me.