『 twelve: PURPLE AND PAINFUL. 』

『 CHAPTER xii: PURPLE AND PAINFUL

CHAPTER xii: PURPLE AND PAINFUL.  』

SUE AND DAPHNE CALLED IN EVERYONE to the kitchen to grab their own plates and get what they were going to eat

SUE AND DAPHNE CALLED IN EVERYONE to the kitchen to grab their own plates and get what they were going to eat. Harry and Charlie come in through the sliding doors laughing with Billy right behind them as they carried in the grilled fish and shrimp. Everyone bustled around the living space and June laughed loudly when Leah shrieked loudly as Seth threw mashed potatoes on her face. She reached over to grab him but he ran away, cackling madly as Charlie and Harry laughed as well, Sue calling for them to behave. Leah groans loudly as her aunt Allison helped her get cleaned up, Leah muttering on about how Seth always does this! Star began eating and sat by Lyanna and Elodie, all three girls engrossed in the tales of the sunny area Bella was speaking about, Arizona, the place she lived most of her flow. An area of constant dryness and heat, a setting which was but a myth to Quileute girls like Star and Elodie.

June's grandmother Iris called for cups and June took the role, opening the cupboard and tiptoeing to try and reach for the plastic cups sitting at the top. She reached and reached but failed, she was about to open her mouth and declare her loss when a hand reached in front of her and swiped the cups easily.

Jacob's smiling face met hers, "I got you, ocean eyes."

June chuckled, grabbing the cups from his hold as he handed them to her, "Thanks. Never could reach the cupboard when I was younger and I still can't now." She huffs playfully.

He laughs, his eyes twinkling as he stares down at her. "I'm tall for my age— most of us around here, are. Can't say the same for you, ocean eyes." He jokes.

June rolls her eyes, "Funny."

Her aunt Allison comes up, grabbing the cups, "Thank you very much," She winks at both of them, tapping June's nose as she slips past. "Make sure you all get your plates, Star's hovering over the mashed potatoes."

"Hell yeah, I am!" Star hoots with her mouth full, earning a look from Iris who smiles nevertheless. She winks at June's grandmother, who shakes her head at her again. "Oops, sorry, Iris!" She looks to Seth. "Kid, pass me more potatoes."