Something Different

Bellatrix was only just beginning.

She'd successfully won the heart and sympathy of Lady Druella. She'd won back her fame and her riches. About time she wins back a person she'd lost.

"Enter," King Lucius called absent-mindedly. Bellatrix let herself inside. He sighed. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to know how you were doing," Bellatrix answered.

"Lie."

Bellatrix smirked. "You're right. There's so much more to me than that," she said with a laugh. "Do you remember the day we separated Draco and Dragon?"

"Oh, now we're going down memory lane? Get to the point."

"My little Dragon was heartbroken," Bellatrix continued with a teasing pout. "The man he called father had just died. And then his only friend and favorite cousin wouldn't even play with him. I don't like it when my little one is unhappy."

"Draco wasn't too thrilled about the arrangement either," Lucus countered. "He wouldn't come out of his room once Narcissa told him. I'm still not seeing the point of your visit."

"Nothing, really," she replied. "I just...wanted to see how you are. Ask if our little secret is still intact... ponder on the thought of what could happen once the world knows the truth..."

Lucius's cheek twitched. "Past is past, Bellatrix."

"And yet here it is again."

Lucius sighed. "What do you want Bellatrix?"

She smiled. "I want to be part of the Council."

"Why, so you can destroy my reputation and my family from the inside?" Lucius chuckled.

"Maybe," Bellatrix said playfully. "Maybe...not? Really depends..."

"No."

"There is an alternative, you know."

Lucius stared at her. "What?"

"Tell the world the truth and make Dragon the Prince."

Lucius was silent. "I can't do that."

Bellatrix sighed. "Pity." she pouted. "I'd been wrong to think you would stand up for your son."

"We've been over this, Bellatrix," he said furiously. "What more do you want?!"

"I want you to tell Dragon the truth! That he's your first born son and that he deserves every single thing that your Draco is having right now!"

"You shut your mouth!" Lucius roared. "If anybody heard this conversation—"

"I'm not that stupid."

Lucius let her go. "I will give you the position if it stops you from saying anything."

"Forget this ever happened."

"Good."

"Good."

She left, shutting the door loudly.