‣Mind Games‣ [18]

I got up. I checked the digital clock that was on the night stand.

it was only 3 in the morning. I was sweaty, and panting. I didnt have a flu, or cold.

Temperatures inside me rising. I shook myself awake out of the nightmare.

I got up, which hurt. I walked across the hall to the bathroom and turned on the light.

I turned on the fossette and put my hands under the water, throwing it on my face, i thought about mama.

I felt my gut churn, and my heart ache.

I knew that what i was about to do was childish.

"Blake?" i asked trying to sound calm.

"Yes." he said, sitting up and turning my way.

"Don't worry about it i was already up." He said seeing that i felt bad.

"Okay, um, can i sleep in here with you?" i asked trying not to shake my worries.

it felt like everything in me had shattered.

"Yep, its okay." he said scooting
over.

i walked up and hopped on his bed. I layed down, i was fiddling with my fingers and the necklace i got from Ally when we were 5.

"Rayne, are you okay?" i heard Blake ask worried. "Yes, why?" i said quietly. "Cause' your twitching and shaking, and you sound like your going to cry." je said turning over and putting an arm over my waist.

"Blake, i feel ike somethings wrong with my mom. She's been sleeping more, and she stopped eating completely, and she's got more bottles of painkillers in her medicine cabinet." i could hear and feel my breath catch with every word.

Blake paused for a minute.

Then he got up and pulled on a shirt. "Come on, that doesn't sound right." he said.

okay i went to the room i was in an pulled on a hoodie and jeans.
Then i went back to his room.

He was sitting on the edge of his bed and it looked like he was crying. I walked up and hugged him from the back.

I let go and he pulled on a hoodie, and shoes.

"Come on." he said holding ou his hand. I took it. "Picture your house." he said wiping his tears and closing his eyes.

I fido as he said and with a faint clap of lightning we were standing outsinde of my house.

All the lights were off. And the only sound there was were the crickets that were in the swaying grass.

We walked up to the porch, the door was cracked open and it was dark inside.

Blake clapped amd pulled a lightning bult out of the palm of his hand.

I checked my posckets and i left my phone there. good thing Blake has solar power.

I pushed the door in slowly but steadily. I flickex the light on and thumped up the stairs. Hearing my heart was beating out my chest.

I walked up to my moms bedroom door and stopped dead i my tracks. I stood there and i was shaking harder.

Blake put a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you." i whisper, with tears welling up.

I turned the dkor knob and opened her door. I pushed the light switch, and stepped inside.

There she was, laying on the floor. It was horrible.

Everything was scattered around her room. Papers all over the floor, clothes tossed everywhere, the tv on the floorand the mattress was half off her bed.

I put my jands up to my face and turned around, could could feel Blake's arms around my back and his head on mine.

Blake lead me out of the house, still not letting go.

When he finally did let go we were in his kitchen and he was making coffee with one hand.