Ch.8

Today at work was pretty slow and I was kinda in a bad mood because all i could think about is what happen last night. I have never hit my son's before, and It killed me to see the look of terror on Chris's face. I just wanted him to know that's I was sorry but he won't even look at me.

I walked in the house in the house and I see Terry cooking breakfast and I aint gonna lie it looked good.

James: why are you cooking breakfast at 4:33 ?

Terry: Chris asked me if I could cook him breakfast cause he didn't eat all day.

James: How does his face look.

Terry: I'm not gonna lie to you dad it looks bad his lip is busted and he has a big bruise on his cheek.

James: Damn I feel like a piece of shit, I never ment to hit him I gotta talk to him and tell him how sorry I am.

Terry: I doubt he wants to talk to u but it's worth a try it guess.

James: I should do something nice for him.

Terry: I wish you the best of luck.

I heard footsteps coming from the stairs, it was Chris and when I saw his face it broke my heart. he looked so sad. He looked up at me and it looked like he saw a ghost. I looked over at Terry and he walked pass me and whispered in my ear " say something he won't be mad at you forever, he is a daddy's boy. then Terry gave Chris his room and that left me and Chris alone so I decided to say something.

James: Hey baby boy how you felling.

Chris: My face hurts.

James: I know and I'm sorry I lost my cool like that but I really am sorry.

Chris: Sure dad.

that's all he said before he went upstairs and closed the door. I was hurt but to tierd to say anything else so I just went to my room and thought of a way to show him how sorry I am.