Ch.43

It's been a few days since Mike and I had our little argument and after having some time to myself to think it over I feel completely stupid for how I treated my dad and for hurting Mike's feelings and now I gotta make things right cause he's been pretty distant .

Me and Mike are supposed to go out to eat tonight so hopefully I can apologize tonight. I got terry to watch Jada while we're out hopefully he won't have any trouble with her but knowing him he will.

Chris: Ok Terry we're leaving now everything you need is on the counter and if you need help with anything just call me.

Terry: Nigga would you get the hell on and leave me alone me and my niece will be fine go enjoy yourself.

Chris: Ok I'm gone bye Jada!

She runs and hug me before I go and I leave to walk to Mike's car. When I get he he starts the car and pulls off as we're driving it's very quiet and to be honest it was starting to get uncomfortable doing thought I'd be the first to say something.

Chris: How was work Bae?

Mike: Good

Chris: Oh that's good me too just kinda boring tho.

Mike: Oh cool.

Chris: Yea, so how did you and Jada's father daughter day go yesterday?

Mike: It went good Chris.

Chris: oh ok.

After that I just decided to let it go cause I felt like I was irritating him.

A few minutes later we arrived to the restaurant and thank god we were seated right away cause I was starving.

The waiter came to take our orders and thankfully we didn't have to wait long to get our food cause Mike wasn't even trying to have a conversation he was too busy in his phone to talk to me. So now where just eating in silence and it was starting to get on my nerves so I decided to break the silence... again.

Chris: Bae?

Mike: Yea?

Chris: Hows your food?

Mike: Good

Chris: Is good all you can say tonight?

Mike: Maybe.

Chris: Do you have to be an asshole tonight!!

Mike: Maybe.

Chris: What the fucks your problem man!

Mike: I'm perfectly fine and keep your voice down we're not home.

Chris: Now you know I don't give a damn about these people in this place I'll get loud wherever I want. Now tell me why you've been given me the cold shoulder all night?

He finally looked at me and by the look on his face I know I pissed him off.

Mike: You wanna act crazy and loud cause you know I can do just that. Now I've been quiet trying  to be nice on this damn date because I knew you wanted to go but fuck it I'm really annoyed with you and I've been holding back from cussin yo ass out for days. Your so selfish and full of yourself that you don't give a damn about anyone's feelings. Do you know why I fell in love with you? I fell in love wit you because of how sweet an kind you were to people and you always just had a caring spirit you made me wanna change and be a better person and lately you've been the total opposite of that. I know we've been through a lot with loosing the baby and things but you've been a totally different person Chris, it's like the person I fell in love with died in that hospital room with our baby. I think it's best if we just postpone this wedding until you get some help and get it together.

After he said that he took the ring off that I brought him after he proposed to me and placed it on my side of the table along with the money for our food.

Mike: I'll be in the car waiting.

When he left I was just stuck sitting there looking stupid and everyone staring at me like I'm crazy so I just hurried and got my things so I could go.

I got in the car and just sat there expecting him to pull off but he just sat there looking mad as hell and in my head all I can think is he's about to kill my ass but thankfully he started talking.

Mike: where's my ring?

Chris: it's right here.

Mike: Give it here

I placed the ring in his hand and I Watch him put it back on with a confused look on my face.

Mike: look Chris I'm going to keep the ring on but I'm serious about the wedding being postponed I need to see a change or I'm not getting married to you.

Chris: Ok Bae and I'm sorry for everything.

He didn't say anything he just started driving home. The whole ride was silent and to tell the truth I was too scared to say anything to him so I just kept my mouth shut.

Soon we pulled up to the house and we get out and go inside to find terry inside watching TV.

Terry: Well damn y'all back fast what happened?

Mike: Here's a little something for watching my baby girl I'll talk to you tomorrow bro.

They dap each other up and Chris goes in the room and I soon hear the shower run.

Terry: You ok Baby Bro?

Chris:  Yea we good Dinner went great thanks for watching her.

Terry: That's good and all but I asked if you was ok not you and Mike.

Chris: I'm good silly boy go home I'll be by Dad's tomorrow.

Terry: Well it's about damn time y'all talked it out I'll see you tomorrow Baby bro I love you.

Chris: Eww why you so damn mushy nigga.

Terry: See this why I don't like yo ugly ass!

Chris: Boy I'm just playing I love you too.

Terry: Nigga you better love me bye bro.

After watching him leave the house I go to Jada's room to check on her thankfully she was sleeping so I closed the door to go in my bedroom where I see Mike already in bed. So I ho take a shower and get in bed with him.

I thought he was sleeping so I tried my best not to make any noise.

Chris: I know your sleep but I just wanted to tell yo I love you and goodnight.

Mike: I love you too Bae.

He scared the hell outta me but it made me smile. A few seconds later he rolled over closer and held me.

Mike: I'm sorry for yelling at the restaurant and messing up our date but I'm not sorry about what I said Baby. I meant every word.

Chris: I know bae and I will do better I promise.

💖I KNOW WE'LL GET THROUGH THIS💖