Ch. 17

Mike P.O.V

Im scared as hell the baby is on the way and Chris is about to have a C-section and he looks like he's in so much pain and scared out of his mind. I wish that it was something I could so but all I can do is watch and give him words of encouragement.

Mike: Im sorry i cant do anything to help ease the pain your in but you got this I know you do.

Chris:Thanks that really helps but, do you think that the baby is going to be around cause she's coming early and I've heard stories of babies not making it after birth.

Mike: I think our baby will be ok and you will also I love you so much.

Dr.Carter:We're ready for the. C-section when you are.

Chris: Im ready.

As they take us to the room they start hook Chris up to tubes and give him medicine to numb his pain so that he wont feel anything. I looked at chris to see if he was ok and looked really calm to my surprise. The doctor told me that he would be starting now and if I wanted to see and I was more than happy to see what was going on. But when I finally saw what they were doing i almost vomited. So I had to go back with Chris. He looked at me and asked me if i was ok and I told him i was ok even thoughI was screaming on the inside. Minutes pass and the finaly pull our little girl. But there was just one problem she wasnt moving or even making any noise which made me nervous. Chris seen the look on my face and now he had a confused and worried look on his face.

Chris: what's going on?

Mike: Nothing everything's good.

The doctor was now gently shaking the baby and still nothing she was still dead quiet and not moving. Then out of nowhere she starts crying basically screaming and I am back in my regular state of mind cause I almost lost it a few minutes ago. They hand Chris the baby and now i dont know who's crying louder him or the baby.

We cry for a good three minutes straight then a nurce comes to have us sign papers and she asks us the question I've been waiting for since we got here.

Nurse: She's beautiful what you gonna name her?

Before Chris could even answer I say

Mike: Jada, her names Jada.

Nurse: Beautiful name, I'll be right back with the doctor.

As she leaves its just the three of us in the room and I look at my family and feel so proud of what we've done.