Ch.44

Start writing your story

Last night was tough but thank God me and Mike are on good terms. I really have to make things right with my dad and after I had time to think I realized I really was just being a spoiled brat. So now me and Jada are on our way to my dad's house.

I parked in the driveway and I see my dad's car. I stayed in the car for about five minutes cause I was a little nervous but I got out grabbed Jada and walked to the front door and knocked. It took a few seconds but he answered the door.

Dad: Umm hey Chris what are you doing here.

Chris: Hey Daddy I wanted to come talk to you if that's ok?

For a few seconds he just stood there and looked at me I was about to ask can we come in but then he moved out of the way

Dad: Of course, come in.

When I walked in I sat down on the couch and Jada jumped out of my lap and ran to the back to go play outside. Then my dad came to sit by me, it was quite for a little bit until I started talking.

Chris: Soooo how've you been dad?

Dad: I'm doin good Chris, you'd know that if you'd answer my phone calls.

Chris: Yea I know Daddy and I'm really sorry.

Dad: I just don't get it why can't I walk you down?

Chris: I don't know dad I think I was just being selfish and disrespectful and I'm really sorry but I would love for you to walk me down.... if you want to still.

Dad: Of course I still do I'm really excited you changed your mind about it. And while we're on the topic of your wedding I was wondering can I invite someone?

Chris: Umm sure who?

Dad: Oh nobody just a coworker.

Chris: Daddy I doubt if they were just a coworker you would've wanted them to come. Is it a woman?

He started to look kinda nervous.

Dad: Why does that matter?

Chris: HAHAHA IT IS A WOMAN!!!! Dad do you have a girlfriend?

Dad: well she's not my girlfriend but I do like her a lot.

Chris: Aww dad that's so sweet. Now I really want her to be there. What's her name?

Dad: Her names Diana.

Chris: Like Dirty Diana, oooo Daddy I see you!

Dad: Don't get smart wit me boy she is a lady.

Chris: Well when can I meet this lady.

Dad: Ion know bout that one, the three of y'all niggas might run her off.

Chris: what you mean Dad

Dad: Y'all too damn wild when y'all go out.

Chris: Ion know what you talkin bout sir.

Dad: Oh yea? What happens when you and Mike went out last night?

Chris: How'd you find out bout that?

Dad: Mike told Terry and Terry told me.

Chris: ok I see your point but I promise we'll be on our best behavior Dad I promise.

Dad: Ok fine I'll set something up.

Chris: Yaay ok Well I gotta go and get dinner ready so I'll call you later tonight ok.

Dad: ok Baby boy I love you.

Chris: I love you too.

After getting Jada I went home to cook. When I got home I seen Mike and Terry on the couch watching sports. I go over give him a kiss and sit Jada in his lap so I can start dinner.

A few minutes later Mike comes in the kitchen.

Mike: Well how'd it go?

Chris: We good.

Mike: Oh ok what we finna eat?

Chris: Lasagna Babe.

Mike: Mmm that's my favorite!

Chris: Yea I know silly. We're going to have dinner with dad and his soon to be boo so be on ya best behavior ok.

Mike: Ok Baby. Who's this lady anyway?

Chris: Some lady at his job named Diana.

Mike: Oh cool it's nice that he's found someone.

Chris: Yea it is I'm really happy for him. He's finally getting back out there, it's been awhile since my mom passed away.

Mike: What was she like you guys never talk about her.

Chris: let my dad tell it I act just like her and she was the strict parent. Kinda like how me and you act
with Jada.

Mike: Wow that's crazy bae. We're you guys close?

Chris: Yes But not as close as I was with dad she was a great parent tho.

Mike: Like Mother like Son huh.

Chris: Yea I guess you can say that.

The rest of the night was cool we played games, ate food then went off to sleep

I CANT BELIEVE MY DAD HAS A GIRLFRIEND.