XXII: The Aftermath

The next morning had came, and news was spreading already. Monsters that were combined with Shadowhunters and Downworlders, and not even the most powerful magic could ever stop it? Now that's something you don't see everyday, and what's even worse Alyssa(Rosemary) had thought that she was one of them. That she started out to be an experiment gone wrong to a normal person, but the only exception is the work that was done on her had never left her body. Everyone was trying to get her out of the situation, but nothing was helping her to get all pf the images she saw that night. 

Izzy: Alyssa, you can't think of yourself like that. 

Alyssa: But Izzy that's the problem I'm one of them...

Izzy: Look whatever you saw that night, you didn't do any of this. You never caused any of this just...please don't think that this is your fault, and that you're not what those monsters are. 

Alyssa: I just don't know...

Alyssa(Rosemary) needed help, but who could she get it from? Obviously, she couldn't get it from anyone who never experienced it otherwise they'll just give very little advice that won't exactly help her. Yet there was, actually, three people that could help, and they really needed to especially now. First there was Hector who came up to bat, and knocked on Alyssa's(Rosemary) door. 

Hector: Alyssa, please let me in. 

Alyssa: No. 

Hector: Please? 

Alyssa: No, I don't want to hurt you. 

Hector: Fine, but I'm still talking to you even if it is outside this door. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) had stayed silent, but Hector had continued. 

Hector: Look Alyssa, I can understand where your coming from. Remember when all the teenagers at the orphanage would never let me go on missions with them, because they thought I was too little and I was going to be annoying to them? That got to me just the thought that I was considered to be a freak to other people, but when that day had came when I was wounded...everyone had made the bullying worse. Now I became even worse than a freak itself, but that doesn't mean that the title will stick with me forever it's with people like you that helped me realize I didn't need them all I needed was to be accepted for who I am instead of doing something that could get me killed. So...when you're ready talk, you'll know where to find me. 

Hector then walked away leaving a quiet Alyssa(Rosemary) that just needed time to think. Throughout the day, Alyssa(Rosemary) didn't talk much, but then Alec had came along to help her out of this. He went into the training room where Alyssa was focusing on her punches then she stopped when Alec was noticing how hard she was hitting the punching bag. 

Alyssa: What? 

Alec: From how hard you were hitting that bag, I'd say this isn't your training. 

Alyssa: What would you call it then? 

Alec: More like you were letting your anger out. 

Alyssa: Sorry...

Alec: There's no need to be, but there is something you should know. You can't identify yourself as a monster that would hurt someone. 

Alyssa: How can I? I'm a Shadowhunter and a Warlock. 

Alec: But that doesn't mean you're a monster. 

Alyssa: And how is that? 

Alec: First if you really push people away from you, you won't get better. 

Alyssa: It's just that...I don't want to hurt anyone, and I'm just scared that one day I'm going to snap and I'll lash out. 

Alec: I've felt that once, but then I learned there are somethings you can't control even if it is yourself. If there is one thing you should know, you shouldn't treat your Warlock side as curse...rather as a gift and if you use it for the right intentions no one will view you as someone your not. 

Alec then left Alyssa(Rosemary), and all she could do was just think...Think if she was just wasting her time with this, because the people that treat her like family is telling her she is not evil. There was one more person who came along, Magnus Bane, and this time he wanted to make sure he took the cake. He took Alyssa(Rosemary) to his apartment, because he wanted to show her something. 

Alyssa: What is it that you wanted to show me? 

Magnus: Come here. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) and Magnus had sat on the couch, but Magnus had picked and sat her on his lap. 

Alyssa: Are you going to show me now? 

Magnus: Alright, alright. 

Magnus had closed his eyes, and then opened them but they weren't his regular, chocolate, brown eyes. Instead, he revealed his Warlock mark or, as Alec likes to call it, his golden, cat eyes. 

Alyssa: Woah...

Magnus: See, I'm just like you Alyssa. 

Alyssa: I guess you won't freak out if I do this then. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) closed her eyes, and opened them again to reveal cat eyes as well. 

Alyssa: Is it just me, or do yours look exactly like mine? 

Magnus: I guess so. You see Alyssa, you're not a minster to anyone's eyes. There's another thing you should know, I felt that once myself. Anytime a person saw my cat eyes, they thought I was going to hurt them, or someone else. Even to my mother and father, they thought I was a monster as well all because of what my eyes were. 

Alyssa: But I thought parents were supposed to love their kids. 

Magnus: Yes it is, but sometimes...parents have their prejudices' even on their children. But that doesn't mean that all parents are like that. 

Alyssa(Rosemary) then hugged Magnus, and he hugged her back. In that moment, Magnus felt some sort of connection with Alyssa(Rosemary), a connection that he never felt in a long time especially with a child.