XXXVI: Going Again

It was early in the morning, and Madame Mignard had insisted that Dominique should start training now.

Dominique: So what weapon am I going to learn?

Madame Mignard: Actually you're going to learn a variety of weapons, so you can be experienced with each one.

Dominique: Oh...

Madame Mignard: I figured that you should start off with a sword.

Dominique: Really?

Madame Mignard: Yes, really.

Dominique: Whoa, that's amazing, I've always wanted to learn how to use a sword but my mom would never let me because she said it was too dangerous.

Madame Mignard: As a Shadowhunter, you are going to have to learn how to use a lot of dangerous weapons.

Dominique: Cool.

Madame Mignard: Think fast!

Dominique: What?

Madame Mignard had tossed Dominique a small sword to her, and in the nick of time Dominique had caught it but it was only by barely.

Dominique: I'm guessing that I'm going to have to get used to sharp things being thrown at me?

Madame Mignard: How else will your enemies stop you?

Dominique: Good point.

Dominique had looked down at the sword. that was in her grasp, and saw it with curiosity for she never saw a sword like this.

Dominique: Is this like some sort of special sword that Shadowhunters use? Because I have never seen a weapon like this before in my life.

Madame Mignard: You could say that, it's called a seraph blade.

Dominique: A seraph blade?

Madame Mignard: Yes, and it can only be activated by Shadowhunters only.

Dominique: That's, actually, smart if you think about it.

Madame Mignard: Come on, it's time to start.

Dominique and Madame Mignard walked over to the training mat, but Dominique stayed on the side line so she could watch Madame Mignard's moves.

Madame Mignard: When you are at starting position, you lean forward a little bit. With your blade close to you though, you never know when someone will want to sneak up and kill you. When you are defending yourself with a weapon in hand, you don't want to strike at the tip of the sword you want to strike at the round side of it. Come on up, so I can demonstrate and so you can know when to be quick.

Dominique grabbed her blade, and went up to the mat in starting position.

Madame Mignard: Very good, now let's see if you really payed attention.

Madame Mignard ran up to Dominique, but Dominique had blocked Madame Mignard's attack then she pushed her away hoping she would fall, but she kept her balance and stood tall.

Madame Mignard: Using your body to defend yourself, nice. It will be handy when you're out in the field, but if you want to knock them to the ground you need to step on their foot to make them weak then push them. Let's try again, and from what I can tell you seem tense when you are fighting it is good to loosen up once awhile.

Dominique: It's just my first time using a-

Dominique didn't get enough time to finish her sentence, because Madame Mignard ran up to her again but she was quick enough to attack. She followed Madame Mignard's instructions, and tried to make her fall again but it didn't work. The two girls kept going at it again, but not one of them seemed to fall down. Dominique was quick to avoid, and strike at Madame Mignard's moves as she kept moving along it seemed that she was getting better at this. In the final moments of Dominique's training, she was having a good feeling about this so when she ran up to Madame Mignard she first blocked her sword, then kicked her in the stomach, and she pretend stabbed her on her spine. Both woman were heavily breathing from all the training that they both did Dominique reached her hand out, and helped Madame Mignard up.

Madame Mignard: Well done, Hector was right, you learn fast.

Dominique: Thank you...so what's next?

Madame Mignard: I'm afraid that will be enough for today, Dominique, but for now go ahead and see what Alyssa, Dakota, Maria, and Hector are up to.

Dominique smiled, put her sword back from where she picked it up from, and went to find all of her Shadowhunter friends. She found them in the dining room, and when she was about to go up to them she then stepped back. She may or may not was feeling a little bit shy, especially if she was around a certain someone, and she didn't know if anyone would want her to sit with them. When Dominique was about to leave, a familiar voice had came in the air and traveled though her ears.

Hector: Dominique!

When Dominique had turned around, she saw the eyes of her friends only paying attention to her.

Hector: Come sit with us.

Dominique smiled, and went over to the spot that Alyssa(Rosemary) gave her when she moved a little bit closer to Dakota. At that moment, when Alyssa's(Rosemary) had moved her hand to move out of the way, her palm was now being intertwined with Dakota's at first she didn't know until the first few minuted of everyone talking.

Alyssa: Sorry...

Dakota: No, it's okay.

The girls then remained having their hands holding one another throughout the whole entire time. Everyone was discussing of how they were going to figure out where the heck is Kiana, but people are believing that she could be anywhere around the city just looking for any mundane to experiment on, and then have them do her bidding. Dakota and Alyssa(Rosemary) were trying to listen on their conversation, but it was the touch of the softness of their hands that kept distracting them from what was really going on. Alyssa(Rosemary) had held hands before, with Josh for comfort, but she wasn't holding hers she was holding Dakota's hand now different hands, different moments.

Hector: The only way we can ever really get any answers from them is by...

Maria: Oh no..please tell me we are not going back to him.

Dominique: To who?

Maria: Remi Joguet.

Dominique: You mean that guy that was the host of the party?

Maria: You saw him?

Dominique: I needed to go use the restroom during the party, and I saw him.

Hector: Weird, he's a vampire and they can't usually seen.

Dominique: Unless if that red wine gave me the sight.

Maria: Or to put in a more simpler way, the wine you and your friend drank must've been containing shadowhunter blood.

Dominique: So does this mean that Mael is a Shadowhunter?

Maria: Possibly, but the only way we can know for sure is we set a trap for this Kiana girl.

Dominique: Like?

Maria: That part I don't know I guess we'll have to secure the corners of the bar, and see if there is any suspicious activity.

Dominique: Don't you think that if that were to happen Kiana would find a way to distract you guys with something, and she would get away with experimentation.

Maria: Good point.