XXIII: The Search Persists

Rumors began to arise like a field of flowers, they grow slowly but they're so many of them, and if you dared to bring up the topic it'd be like numbers, it would never end, just like the search that everyone was on at this moment. They tried tracking them by landscaping the whole entire city, but strangely no results there was no spawning or hiding place for them that's because there wasn't anything or anyone that could release these 'Verpletterd'. It's Dutch for 'Shattered Ones', and that was the newest demon to be documented by now.

Alec: Anything?

Izzy: No.

Alec: This rare, no monster has ever been this good at hiding.

Simon: To be fair, they're half of any Downworlder or Shadowhunter so combine them together-

Izzy: They'd be a lot more smarter, or at least good enough to keep a low profile.

Alec: Jace and Clary are still searching with Magnus I haven't heard from them since.

Right on cue, Jace, Clary, and Magnus had entered into the Institute with nothing.

Clary: We looked everywhere, and we got nothing.

Magnus: They have minds of ordinary people from the Shadow World, but they take the form of a monster.

Jace: Which is weird, I've never seen anything like it.

Magnus: Neither have I, and I'm the High Warlock of Brooklyn.

Izzy: There must be someplace we haven't checked.

Alec: Speaking of which, where is Alyssa and Hector?

Izzy: They're in the training room, just practicing with swords.

Everyone was on task, but the only problem was the search was far from beyond beginning. It seems to be that the Verplettered was no where to be found when really they were.

???: Have you brought more of them?

???: Yes, just like we agreed. Now are you going to find the child for me, now!

???: You have to realize that I did look.

???: Why did you wait to tell me?

???: If I told you, you would've been able to trick me and run off without fulfilling our blood oath.

???: Unlike you, I keep promises.

???: And unlike you, I kidnap people for necessary reasons.

???: Why do we even need these worthless, mundanes?

???: I told you, we need them-

???: So that way we can get revenge on Magnus and Alec I know, I know. You're not the only one who has a grudge against them.

???: Let's keep our personal lives out of this.

???: Right, just remember by the end of this I want the child. Where is she anyway?

???: You care so much for her, why?

???: Answer my question first then I'll answer yours.

???: Fine, she's at the New York-

???: What?!

???: As I was about to say-

???: I heard what you said, and I thought she was still at the orphanage where the Pinewhisk lady had taken her to.

???: Well maybe if we separated from each other, and then one of us could've stayed with her and she wouldn't be lost from out sights.

???: You said that you didn't want to separate!

???: Temper now, we really wouldn't want to break our connection now, would we?

???: No, especially after those freaks got out and went somewhere off into the city.

???: Ahem...

???: What?

???: Aren't you going to answer my question now? Why do you care so much for the child?

???: I just thought that if we raised her to be like you and me, and if we put her against her precious, little daddies and have them dead by her own hand without even knowing then she would really be almost as evil as Sebastian Morganstern.

???: You do have a point right there.

???: Which is why we need to get her back as possible!

???: Patience now, at least wait until we have enough mundane and turn them into Downworlder, and possibly Dark Shadowhunters. Then we'll have them attack the Institute, and when the time is right we'll have Rosemary in our arms.

???: Fine, but if I have to wait even longer I want out of here.

???: Well then, shall we get started?

???: Of course.

To make things sound more sense, this person that you heard from is actually two women in one. That's why you heard two voices, one that seemed rather calm and wanted to get started on experimenting on these innocent mundanes, and another that seemed impatient and wanted revenge on Alec and Magnus. The first voice you heard was stern, but seemed to have a little bit of trickery in her veins and the second voice you heard was rather a little high but at the same time low pitched, and if you think about it you would mostly hear it from someone who's more rather...seductive in a way.