Stupid Memories

Christina was zipping up my short black cocktail dress while I was strapping on my red pumps. I was already running late so I just let my hair fall wavy on my shoulders. I ran to my bedroom grabbed my spiky red and gold clutch and walked outside to find Michael's car perfectly parked. I opened the car door and slid down to Michael.

" Hey pretty young thang" he looked at me and kissed my hand he started to chuckle when he saw me blushing.

" hi handsome" I kissed his cheek and looked out the window. I was trying to figure out where the hell we were going. I felt a big warm hand gently touch my left thigh

" we'll be there soon Helen don't worry I'm not gonna murder you" he looked at me and I was hypnotize by his chocolate Brown eyes. after I notice he was laughing cause I was staring at him I quickly looked away. I felt his hand move lower to my leg to were the glass shards used to be. I looked at him and are eyes met.

" how is your leg , you worried me back there at the bar I thought i had to take you to the hospital"

" I'm okay it's just that my manager Joey scared me" I tried to hide my legs but Michael just looked at me like he was considered

" Oh I'm sorry  I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or insecure I" I stopped him from talking cause it just brought up bad memories. I felt the tears gather in my eyes which made Michael confused and he came closer and held me tight

" I didn't mean to make you feel ugly your beautiful your perfect I'm sorry please stop crying"  I giggled and pulled away from his warm embrace

" Michael I'm not crying from what you said about my legs I'm crying from what you said about being insecure. I never told you in my notes about what I went though in middle school . " I paused and let the tears run down my cheek and stop at my chin

" Helen you don't need to tell me" he gripped my hand and I looked at him wiping the tears with my other hand.

" it's okay I want to tell you" I took a deep breath and looked away knowing what I'm about to tell him will make him ashamed to be my friend.

"I was all alone in middle school and had no one to talk to. there  was a boy I had a crush on and he came up to talk to me. I was so siked and shocked. His name was James Brook and he was the hottest guy in school all the girls wanted him and when he talked to me I felt like a million bucks. he asked me if I wanted to go to the movies. I of course said HELL YEA and we were on are way to my first date. I wore my favorite purple shirt and black jeans" I choked on my tears but I held them back I felt Michael's hand on my back. the car stopped and the driver opened up the car door.

" Michael sir.. oh I'm sorry do you want me to drive you two back home" I looked at Michael and wiped my tears again

" it's okay Michael I can finish later you made reservations at this beautiful restaurant and I don't want to ruin the night" I took off my seat belt and was about to leave the car when I was yanked back into the car.

" the dinner can wait, I want to know what happen that night,  Mark can you let us be for a second we will be out in a minute or so" Michael winked at the Driver and he closed the door.

" Continue please" he gave me a looked that made me feel safe and relaxed

" So i got into his car and we started to drive. he stopped the car in a vacant parking lot. I was scared and I didn't know what to do. that night he beat me and raped me in his car" I choked and broke down crying on Michael shoulder he ran his hands though my hair.

" he pushed me out of his car and i ran to my room and i...i" I felt his stare pierce through my soul. he took at my arm and turned it looking at the scars over scars scars.

" it became a habit after that night. I was sent to the hospital one night cause I cut too deep than I stopped for a while but when my mom and dad died I started again but stopped when I met Christina I haven't  it since" his face was stuck in a state of shock.

" Helen I'm so sorry if I was there I would of killed him, I should of never left you" he started to cry and I held his hand

" I'm glad you left me Mike if you didn't  you would of never met Diana Ross or would of made a #1 Album. you would of never became famous if you stayed with me you would stay in Gary Indiana with me probably being a waiter or Nanny. it worked out for the best Michael don't be so hard on yourself."

" But it worked out for me not you. while I was meeting Diana Ross and making a #1 Album you were at home getting treated like crap and cutting yourself." a tear escaped his eye which I wiped away with my thumb, there was a silence with both of us just looking at each other.

" If you love something you gotta let it go, I loved you so I let you go" I held his hand tight while I notice his eyes widened at me saying love in a sentence that had to do with him

" And i still to this day love you so if I need to let you go again I will do it only to make you happy" I smiled and was about to walk out the car when I was yanked again in a tight grip pulling me back into the car. I looked at Michael who crashed his lips onto mine. I bit his lower lip which he seem to like cause he moved his hands from my neck to my waist. Michael parted are lips and he moved his mouth to my ear.

" I always loved you too I never stopped" he moved his mouth away from my ear and back to my lips.

" Mike we still have a dinner to go to" I pushed him away and we giggled and hopped out of the car. we walked into the restaurant and made are way over to are table.