The Eleventh Hour - Twenty Minutes

"You're Amelia." The Doctor declares once we stop running and Amy starts speed walking. We'd been running for a good five minutes and I was slightly out of breath but determined to keep up with my older sister, still dragging the Doctor behind me as our hands were still intertwined.
"And you're late." Amy replies accusingly. The Doctor speeds up a little so he's walking along side me and look at me with both confusion and curiosity written across his face.
"Mackenzie Pond. You were five, you were both little girls." He says sounding almost upset.
"Yes, I'm Mackenzie and you're late." I say speeding up again as Amy walks further away.
"What happened?"
"12 years." Amy and I say together, it's almost like we'd rehearsed this. Although to be honest when I was younger I would act out what would happen if the Doctor ever came back, it was a brilliant game, but it ended.
"You hit me with a cricket bat." He exclaims, and for some reason didn't understand why that was perfectly understandable, considering he disappeared for 12 years!
"Twelve years." I repeat, Amy remained silent and the Doctor looked to me again, I looked to him and we were face to face, almost literally.
"A cricket bat."
"Twelve years and four psychiatrists." Amy responds as if it's an achievement.
"Four?" He asks sounding sympathetic all of a sudden.
"I kept biting them." She sounds a little embarrassed. "Look, considering you're suddenly feeling all remorseful, I'm not the one who had six psychiatrists, so why don't you talk to Mackenzie." I feel a pang go through my chest as she says that, she knows I don't like talking to anyone about my psychiatrists, but I know that she only brought it up because she's angry. She realises what she brought up and shoots me an apologetic look. The Doctor stops walking for a second and looks to me as I stop too.
"Six?" He looks so full of regret at the moment, and I feel my heart flutter, they're not all his fault. I continue to drag him forwards. "Six?" He asks a little louder.
"So what I had six psychiatrists?" I announce suddenly feeling very self conscious.
"Why did you have six?" He asks as if it's the most important question in the world.
"Drop it." I warn him, I hate talking about it and I really don't want to at the moment.
"No. Why did you have six?"
"Because of my bloody panic attacks and abandonment issues!" I say a little too loud and it causes a few people to look, I go a deep red as I drag him along faster and walk just behind Amy in silence.
"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated. Repeat." The sound comes from an ice cream van.
"No, no, no, come on. What? We're being staked out by an ice-cream van." Amy says sounding disheartened. The Doctor suddenly lets go of my hand and dashes towards the van. Amy waits for me a second. "I'm sorry about that, I just had-"
"It's fine." I say cutting her off, it's not a conversation for now. And I start to run after the Doctor, followed by Amy.
The voice continues to play as the Doctor approaches the van.
"What's that? Why are you playing that?" The Doctor asks.
"It's supposed to be Claire De Lune." The ice cream man responds sounding confused. The voice repeats itself only this time it's on the radio and then Amy and I turn around to see a woman's iPod doing the same, we turn around again to see the Doctor looking around seeing everyone confused as their technology repeats the sentence over and over again.
"Doctor, what's happening?" Amy asks, I approach him quietly from behind looking where he is to see a woman trying to make her phone work. He grabs my hand again, somehow knowing I was behind him, I didn't think he'd noticed me, and we run to Mrs Angelo's fence and he jumps the fence, I consider Mrs Angelo's reaction if she found out I hopped her fence for a second and then do it anyway whilst Amy runs in through the gate. We burst in through the door to see Mrs Angelo stood in front of the television as it repeated the same voice over and over, like everything outside.
"Hello! Sorry to burst in." I stand beside him and look behind me to see the same eyeball from the crack in the wall on the television screen I then turn around again as Amy enters and stands beside me. "We're doing a special on television faults in this area. Also crimes. Let's have a look."
"I was just about to phone, it's on every channel." Mrs Angelo says to the Doctor and he and I approach the television whilst Amy goes and stands behind the sofa. "Oh, hello, Amy dear. Are you a policewoman now?" Mrs Angelo asks.
"Well sometimes." Amy replies feeling uncomfortable and I smirk as an idea comes into my head, I know I shouldn't be upset about what happened with the psychiatrist conversation but I wanted a little revenge.
"I thought you were a nurse." I say turning from the television to Amy, she glares at me, and the Doctor turns to the two of us.
"I can be a nurse." Amy replies nervously, Mrs Angelo seems a little more suspicious as she then asks:
"Or actually a nun?"
"I dabble!" Amy says a little loudly and I start to laugh quietly as the Doctor and I turn back to the television. Mrs Angelo hesitates.
"Amy, who is you and your sister's friend?" Mrs Angelo asks eventually sensing the tension.
"Who's Amy? You were Amelia." The Doctor asks.
"Yeah? Now I'm Amy." Amy snaps at him.
"Don't tell me you've done it too?" He asks turning to me.
"Was Mackenzie, now it's just Kenzie or Kenz." I tell him a sour tone to my voice.
"What? No! Amelia and Mackenzie Pond, they were great names."
"Bit fairy tale." I respond simply, he looks at me sadly before Mrs Angelo turns to face him.
"I know you, don't I? I've seen you somewhere before." She says, I feel a pang of fear run through me as I realise, she would always be the one I'd show my pictures of the Doctor, she always told people that I had a vivid imagination and it's nothing to be ashamed of, she loved my pictures, I think she has a couple of my sketches lying around, she must recognise him from them.
"Not me. Brand new face, first time on." He makes a weird face openly his mouth and I furrow my eyebrows at him, feeling the urge to laugh, but I fight it, I don't want him to know he makes me laugh. "And what sort of job's a kissogram?" He asks turning from Mrs Angelo to Amy. I feel a wave of relief as he dismisses Mrs Angelo.
"I go to parties and I kiss people, with outfits. It's a laugh." Amy replies defensively.
"You were a little girl five minutes ago. You both were, you were five and now you've gone through six psychiatrists." He turns to me and I pale slightly.
"You're worse than our aunt!" Amy argues with him.
"I'm the Doctor. I'm worse than everybody's aunt." He then turns to Mrs Angelo again, sending me an apologetic glance when he sees my pale face. "And that is not how I'm introducing myself." He then picks up the radio and puts the screwdriver to it. And it starts to speak French.
"Ok, so it's everywhere, in every language; they're broadcasting to the whole world." He says quietly before walking away from Mrs Angelo, I stay put still feeling pale, I then take a seat on the sofa as Amy and Mrs Angelo go to the window with him as he sticks his head out, looking up. He then walks away towards the doorway turning around to face us all. "Okay. Planet this size, two poles, your basic molten core? They're going to need a forty percent fission blast." He turns around as Jeff walks into the room with his big laptop bag. "But they'll have to power up first, won't they? So assuming a medium sized starship, that's 20 minutes. What do you think, twenty minutes? Yeah, twenty minutes. We've got twenty minutes." As he rises up and down on his tip toes in front of Jeff, obviously feeling a little short. I watch him quietly from the sofa and then lean forward so my elbows are resting on my knees and I put my head in my hands, this is so much to take in. The Doctor then walks away from Jeff and towards my spot on the couch. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring that up." He says quietly.
"I know." I respond taking my head out of my hands and looking up to him.
"Twenty minutes to what?" I ask him.
"Are you the Doctor?" Jeff interrupts the Doctor. He looks over to Jeff as Mrs Angelo replies.
"He is, isn't he? He's the Doctor! The Raggedy Doctor. All those drawings you do. The Raggedy Doctor. It's him." Mrs Angelo announces looking to me excitedly. I feel the Doctor looking at me as I look up to Mrs Angelo.
"Shut up." I say trying to hide it by clearing my throat.
"Drawings?" He leans back in the sofa, I feel my face heating up as Jeff and Mrs Angelo continue.
"Gran, it's him, isn't it? It's really him!" Jeff asks.
"Jeff, shut up." Amy orders as she sees how red I've probably gone. I hide my face in my hands again.
"I could go grab one, I've got the one you did a couple months ago, Kenzie. You really must see Doctor, she's such a brilliant artist." Mrs Angelo starts to walk off but Amy blocks the way, knowing that this is already too overwhelming as it is, add on embarrassment and it'll become too much.
"Seriously shut up." I hear Amy murmur. I think Mrs Angelo takes the hint as she remains in the room, silent.
"Twenty minutes to what?" I repeat myself quietly from beside the Doctor. I take my hands away and sit up straight. We all look to the television as it says: "The human residence will be incinerated."
"Oh my God. They're not talking about the house" I whisper to myself understanding it, the Doctor leans forward looking at the television as he speaks.
"The human residence. They're not talking about your house; they're talking about the planet. Somewhere up there, there's a spaceship, and it's going to incinerate the planet."
"Twenty minutes to the end of the world." I answer my own question, the Doctor looks to me as I sit next to him and then over to the other three. "Oh my god." I repeat once again, the Doctor looks back to me and then grabs my hand, squeezing it reassuringly.