Time of the Angels - Anywhere but the Eyes

As the Doctor and Amy finally approach us River takes out a blue book that look a little like the design of the Tardis. I remain next to her as River asks: "Where are we up to? Have we done the Bone Meadows?" I try to look at the writing in the book but she pulls it away out of my sight causing me to crease my eyebrows, now very curious of the little blue book.

"Don't touch it." The Doctor warns me as he smirks a little at me.
"Why not?" I ask him.
"Because it's her diary." The Doctor says gesturing to River.
"Our diary." She corrects him smiling up to me.
"Her past, my future. Time travel. We keep meeting in the wrong order." The Doctor explains to us.
"And now it's your future too." She says to me, grinning. I look at her confused.
"My future?"
"Well you're my best friend, you're name is written in the book almost as much as the Doctor." She tells me, this makes me smile a little. We all turn suddenly to face four men as the appear. One approaches s and speaks directly to River.
"You promised me an army, Doctor Song." The man says.
"No, I promised you the equivalent of an army. This is the Doctor." River gestures to the Doctor. He solutes and I snort at how ridiculous he looks.
"Father Octavian, Sir. Bishop, second class. Twenty clerics at my command. The troops are already in the drop ship and landing shortly. Doctor Song was helping us with a covert investigation. Has Doctor Song explained what we're dealing with?" Octavian says, seeming to recognise who the Doctor was.
"Doctor, what do you know of the Weeping Angels?" He looks to River as she says this and then to me nervously, at least I think that's what his look meant.

We get taken to a camp where Octavian shows s around; River wandered off somewhere and once again I'd started to follow, wanting to get to know my new best friend, but the Doctor once again pulled me after him and Amy, stopping me from following River. I'd feigned sulking at first hoping he'd give in and let me go find River, but let it go once I realised he wanted me to stay with him and Amy. "The Angel, as far as we know, is still trapped in the ship. Our mission is to get inside and neutralise it. We can't get through up top, we'd be too close to the drives. According to this, behind the cliff face there's a network of catacombs leading right up to the temple. We can blow through the base of the cliffs, get into the entrance chamber, then make our way up." Father Octavian blabs on as I trail behind the Doctor next to Amy.
"Oh, good." The Doctor mutters as I don't pay any attention to either of the two men speaking as I look around wondering what a Weeping Angel is; whatever it is it's dangerous, because the Doctor's letting people call him sir.
"Good, sir?" See. He never lets people call him sir.
"Catacombs. Probably dark ones. Dark catacombs. Great." I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic and I look to Amy for some kind of confirmation, she looks just as confused though.
"Technically, I think it's called a maze of the dead." Octavian tells him.
"You can stop any time you like." The Doctor says quietly. Someone calls Father Octavian as the Doctor says this and he excuses himself, leaving us at a table whilst the Doctor fiddles with something.
"You're letting people call you sir. You never do that. So, whatever a Weeping Angel is, it's really bad, yeah?" Amy asks as I sit myself on top of the table, glad someone else noticed the change in the Doctor's mood.
"Now that's interesting." He says as if he's seen something and as we both lean in to look at what he's found he turns to me and says. "You're still here. Which part of wait in the Tardis till I tell you it's safe was so confusing?"
"Just the part where you wanted us to wait in the Tardis." I retort smiling at him as he rolls his eyes.
"Ooo, you are all Mister Grumpy Face today." Amy coos at him. The Doctor turns to her as I look at what he was fiddling with as I listen.
"A Weeping Angel, Amy, is the deadliest, most powerful, most malevolent life form evolution has ever produced, and right now, Miss I Don't Understand Instructions," The Doctor turns to me and I snort at the pathetic nickname, "one of them is trapped inside that wreckage and I'm supposed to climb in after it with a screwdriver and a torch, and assuming I survive the radiation long enough and assuming the whole ship doesn't explode in my face, do something incredibly clever which I haven't actually thought of yet. That's my day. That's what I'm up to. Any questions?"
"Is River Song your wife?" I turn to my sister as she asks this, wanting and not wanting to know the answer. "Because she's someone from your future, and the way she talks to you, I've never seen anyone do that. She's kind of like, you know, heel, boy. She's Mrs Doctor from the future, isn't she? Is she going to be your wife one day?" I feel my chest clench and I find myself scolding my brain for doing so, why did that upset me?
"Yes, you're right." I look to him suddenly, not expecting that answer as I feel my chest clenching more. I'm just glad he can't see my face, as I look to him down heartened. It did make sense, she does act like a wife to him and I find myself becoming shocked as I realise I liked this man more than I thought I let on, so what he says next brings huge relief, but not completely. "I am definitely Mister Grumpy Face today." I look to the door of a drop ship to see River poking her head out.
"Doctor! Doctor?" She calls, I smile as I stand up and look to the Doctor. "Kenzie!" She yells and I look back to her as she beckons me to her, I smile and jog to where she's stood in combat clothes.
"What's up?" I ask and she gestures to the screen in the room, I stare at it transfixed by it.
"It's the final survivor." She tells me.
"A Weeping Angel?" I ask, looking at the winged figure, facing away with it hands covering its face, on the screen.
"What do you think?" River asks as the Doctor enters with Amy and Father Octavian. "It's from the security cameras in the Byzantium vault. I ripped it when I was on board. Sorry about the quality. It's four seconds. I've put it on loop."
"Yeah, it's an Angel. Hands covering its face." The Doctor says.
"You've encountered the Angels before." Father Octavian states.
"Once, on Earth, a long time ago. But those were scavengers, barely surviving." He tells us, I look to him as he stares at the looped video.
"But it's just a statue." Amy says.
"It's a statue when you see it." River tells Amy from beside me.
"Where did it come from?" The Doctor asks and I look to River, anticipating her answer.
"Oh, pulled from the ruins of Razbahan, end of last century. It's been in private hands ever since. Dormant all that time."
"There's a difference between dormant and patient." The Doctor says to all of us.
"So it's a statue when you see it? What happens if no one sees it?" I ask the two of them, River smirks at me, and I take it as a sign that I'm on the right tracks.
"The Weeping Angels can only move if they're unseen. So legend has it." She tells me.
"No, it's not legend, it's a quantum lock. In the sight of any living creature the Angels literally cease to exist. They're just stone. The ultimate defence mechanism." The Doctor explains to us.
"What, being stone?"
"Being stone until you turn your back." I tell her understanding it finally.