The Beast Below -Return of the Raggedy Man and the Floating City

It took the Doctor another two years and a bit to finally come back, by this time I had turned twenty and was still living with Amy. I never stopped drawing him, everyone became more impressed with the drawings, at least the ones who had seen him, Jeff ended up getting a job with NASA so I'd go around every Tuesday to Mrs Angelo's to keep her company. In fact that's where I'd just been. I was on my way back to the house and I walked in to see the kitchen empty, it was eleven o'clock after all, and it's Amy's big day tomorrow morning. I went into one of the cupboards and grabbed a biscuit from the tin that Amy puts on the top shelf to try and hide it from me, even though she know it doesn't work, I'm still somehow able to get my hands on them. As I sit eating the biscuit and placing the mug of tea I just made on the table I start to hear a noise, a very familiar and welcoming noise. I hear the sound of feet hitting the floor upstairs, Amy's up. I grab my duffel coat from the rack and wait for Amy to run in, I see her in her dressing gown and decide not to mention it as we give each other a knowing look. We rush outside to see him standing by the Tardis. We stand by the door as the Doctor calls to us. "Sorry about running off earlier. Brand new Tardis. Bit exciting." He turns away and we glance at each other before making our way over to him. "Just had a quick hop to the moon and back to run her in. She's ready for the big stuff now."
"It's you. You came back." Amy says sceptically.
"Course I came back. I always come back. Something wrong with that?" He asks.
"Nothing." I smile and run up hugging him tight, he hugs me back a little taken by surprise; you can't blame me, it's been two years.
"And you kept the clothes." Amy says disapprovingly as I let go and stand beside Amy who was now just behind me.
"Well, I just saved the world. The whole planet, for about the millionth time, no charge. Yeah, shoot me. I kept the clothes."
"Including the bow tie." Amy says.
"Hey! I chose that bow tie." I declare, scowling at my sister.
"Yeah, it's cool. Bow ties are cool." The Doctor argues.
"Are you from another planet?" I ask eagerly, I already knew the answer I just wanted to hear it from him.
"Yes."
"Awesome." I mumble.
"So what do you think?" He asks us smiling at me and my over enthusiasm.
"of what?"
"Other planet. Want to check some out with me?" He asks.
"Where?" I ask.
"Wherever you like." He responds.
"All that stuff that happened. The hospital, the spaceships, Prisoner Zero." I start.
"Oh, don't worry, that's just the beginning. There's loads more." He assures me, I smile and look to Amy awaiting her answer.
"Yeah, but those things, those amazing things, all that stuff. That was two years ago!" She says taking a step towards him. I look down to the floor.
"Oh! Oops."
"Yeah." Amy replies a little aggressively.
"So that's-"
"Fourteen year." I interrupt him, looking up, he meets my eyes and smiles sadly.
"Fourteen years since fish custard. Amy and Mackenzie Pond, the girls who waited, you've waited long enough." He says.
"When we were kids, you said there was a swimming pool and a library, and the swimming pool was in the library." I say to him, smiling as I look to the Tardis.
"Yeah. Not sure where it's got to now. It'll turn up. So, coming?" He asks. I look back to him.
"No." Amy and I stay together.
"You wanted to come fourteen years ago."
"We grew up." I tell him he turns slightly laughing.
"Don't worry. I'll soon fix that." And he clicks and suddenly the doors open. We both look from the Doctor t the Tardis and back again. Amy goes in first and I follow after, grabbing the Doctor's hand so as to make sure he follows me in. It felt nice to hold his hand again, I hadn't done it in a long time.
"Well? Anything you want to say? Any passing remarks? I've heard them all." He says as we look around, it was bigger on the inside, I let out a laugh as my eyes brimmed with tears, the was a circular control panel in the middle and as I approach it I let go of the Doctor's hand and press my hands to the control panel. There's a slight hum as I do.
"Hello there." I whisper, I feel like she's almost talk to me as the Tardis hums again.
"I'm in my nightie." Amy says, I turn to face the two.
"I'm not." I say before facing the panel again.
"Oh, don't worry. Plenty of clothes in the wardrobe. And possibly a swimming pool. So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will. Where do you want to start?" The Doctor says to Amy.
"You are so sure that we're coming." Amy comments.
"Yeah, I am."
"Why?" I ask turning to him.
"Cause you're the Scottish girls in the English village, and I know how that feels." My lip quirks up slightly and I purse my lips nodding. "All these years living here, most of your life, and you've still got that accent. Yeah, you're coming." He says, I look to Amy and smile letting out a small laugh as I look around, blinking back the tears. He walks over to me and wipes away a stray tear. "Why are you crying?"
"She's bigger on the inside, she's beautiful." I say stroking the console as I turn away. The Tardis hums once again.
"She likes you." The Doctor comments.
"Good." I say smiling. "Because I'm not going anywhere."
"Can you get me back for tomorrow morning?" Amy asks.
"It's a time machine. I can get you back five minutes ago. Why, what's tomorrow?" The Doctor asks. I look around the Doctor to get a glance of Amy to see what her answer will be.
"Nothing. Nothing. Just you know, stuff."
"All right, then. Back in time for stuff." The Doctor confirms.
"Why us?" I ask him.
"Why not?"
"No, seriously. You are asking us to run away with you in the middle of the night. It's a fair question. Why us?" I persist.
"I don't know. Fun. Do I have to have a reason?"
"People always have a reason." Amy butts in.
"Do I look like people?" He asks us.
"Yes." I laugh as he pulls a funny face.
"Been knocking around on my own for a while. My choice, but I've started talking to myself all the time. It's giving me earache." He says, I'm not sure I believe him though.
"You're lonely that's it?" Amy asks.
"That's it. Promise." The Doctor replies. "So, are you okay, then? Because this place, sometimes it can make people feel a bit, you know."
"I'm fine. It's just, there's a whole world in here, just like you said. It's all true. I thought. Well, I started to think that maybe you were just like a madman with a box." I tell him, looking to Amy.
"Mackenzie Pond, there's something you'd better understand about me, because it's important, and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box." He laughs and I laugh too as he wander off back around the console before pulling a lever. "Goodbye Leadworth, hello everything." And the Tardis starts to make the noise as we grip onto the console as we take off together.