The Big Bang ~ Epilogue

I had expected that if I was to ever wake up again it would be to a blank white canvas of nothing, not the ceiling of the control room in the Tardis. I sit up very suddenly seeing another body copy my movement at the exact same time in my peripheral vision. "Oh! Okay. I escaped, then. Brilliant. I love it when I do that. Legs, yes. Bow tie, cool. I can buy a fez." The Doctor's voice says. "Mackenzie?" He calls out and I crawl around to see the beautiful face of the Doctor.

"We did it!" I shout happily standing up, bursting with energy once again.
"Yes we did." He grins but then a voice fills the air.
"Lyle beach. The beach is the best. Automatic sand." The Doctor's voice says, but not from the Doctor's mouth.
"Automatic sand? What does that mean?" Amy's voice sounds, but no Amy in sight.
"It's automated. Totally." The Doctor's voice replies.
"Oh my god, I read about that place, it sounds awesome, let's go!" I hear my voice yell excitedly. I walk around the upper layer of the Tardis meeting up with the Doctor as we descend the stairs to see the past me, Amy and Doctor planning to go to Space Florida.
"Hang on. That's last week when we went to Space Florida." I tell the Doctor as we watch the three people converse happily.
"We're rewinding. Our time stream's unravelling, erasing. Closing." The Doctor tells as I look up at him.
"We didn't do it?" I ask and he shakes his head as I take his hand.
"Hello universe. Goodbye Doctor and Mackenzie." I say gloomily as we watch one of the cracks disappear. "Amy." I call out when myself and the old Doctor leave and Amy's left alone. She turns and I call again but nothing happens as we fly back in our time stream landing on Aikman Road as we look to see Amy stroking a cat.
"Ah, three weeks ago, when she put the card in the window. Amy! I need to tell you something. She can hear us. But if she can hear us..." We both turn to see another crack in the road and as we do we go further back in the time line.
"Good luck, everyone. Behave. Do not let that girl open her eyes. And keep watching the forest. Stop those Angels advancing. Mackenzie, later. River, going to need your computer!" The Doctor's voice calls as we climb out from a rock and I watch the Doctor leave a younger me behind sat on the log, where the Doctor had first kissed me.
"Stay here." The Doctor tells me, as he approaches the quiet girl who was sat on the log, wringing her hands. I watch him talk to her and then kiss her as I realise that that's the Doctor I had kissed, not the one who'd left with River. When he finally walks back to me I watch him incredulously, before punching him in the shoulder. "What was that for?" He asks.
"For not telling me that you hadn't kissed me on the Byzantium." I tell him angrily. "I must have looked like a dork." I tell him which only makes him laugh as we fly backwards again. And suddenly we're in my house, all the way back at the beginning.
"Your house, when you were five and Amy was seven, the night you waited." The Doctor states looking at his watch. We both head outside to the back door where we see myself and Amy as little five and seven year olds. "The girls who waited. Come here, you." The Doctor says, picking Amelia up whilst I pick up myself. We carry them to my old bedroom and lay them in their beds.
"It's funny. I thought if you could hear me, I could hang on somehow. Silly me. Silly old Doctor. When you wake up, you'll have a mum and dad, and you won't even remember me. Well, you'll remember me a little. I'll be a story in your head. But that's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best." The Doctor says as he crouches down in front of Amelia, whilst I perch on the side of the bed.
"The daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away with a girl who was head over heels for him." I say stroking my older sister's head as she sleeps. "Oh, that box. Amy, you'll dream about that box. It'll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient, and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would have had. Never had. In your dreams, they'll still be there." I say in a whisper.
"The Doctor, Mackenzie and Amy Pond, and the days that never came. The cracks are closing. But they can't close properly until we're on the other side. We don't belong here anymore. I think I'll skip the rest of the rewind. I hate repeats. Live well. Love Rory. Bye bye, Pond." The Doctor says kissing her on the top of the head..
"I'll be there in one second." I tell him as the Doctor disappears into the crack nodding, letting me say my goodbyes. "Just make sure you keep your promise Amy Pond and I'll always be with you, you'll be happy with mum and dad and Rory, so, just smile for me and remember I love you so much," I whisper kissing the little girl on the head and when I turn to look to my younger self I see that she's disappeared and despite the pang in my heart, I left the room smiling and the thing that made me leave that scene smiling was the fact that the corners of her lips perked up as I kissed her head before I disappeared after the Doctor.