The Lodgers ~ Roomies!

"Oh thank god, I thought I was going to have to come and find you." Amy tells us as she sits in the pilot's seat, her feet up on the control console. As I enter the room an almost routine hum sounds and a smile peaks on my lips.
"Amy, the Tardis doesn't appreciate having your feet on her console." I tell her as I walk to her and perch on the console smiling at my sister. She groans but complies with the comment and removes her feet from the console flopping them down with a huff. "Oh stop complaining, I'm sure you wouldn't like to be my footrest." I scold her teasingly.
"You know what I would like?" She leads me on and I roll my eyes at the girl.
"What? What would you like Amy?" I ask trying to suppress my smile.
"To learn how to fly the Tardis, that would be amazing." Amy suggests smiling at the Doctor and I wistfully.
"I don't know, Amy." The Doctor tells her uncertainly.
"No, not you, you never passed your test, I mean the one who was taught by the Tardis, which is awesome by the way Kenz." Amy makes clear and the Doctor's face falls and I smile at him sympathetically.
"Aims, the Doctor is a perfectly good driver of the Tardis." I laugh kissing the Doctor's cheek and skipping over to the Doctor. "Bea in mind I learnt to fly in 5 minutes and have flown the Tardis once meanwhile the Doctor was taught over a long period of time and is extremely experienced with flying her." I tell her, she seems thoughtful for a moment before she looks to the Doctor.
"I would really love to learn to fly her, Doctor." Amy says to the Doctor this leads to him smiling widely at the both of us.
"Let's do it then." He says bouncing up to the control console.

"Right how about the fifth moon of Cindie Colesta? I was reading about it in the book I was reading, it looks like an awesome place to go." I suggest as I sit on the steps thinking about places we could have Amy attempt to fly us to. "The race there is passive and they're super smart too."
"Cindie Colesta would be a good one, what do you think Amy?"
"Never heard of it in my life but let's try it!" Amy replies enthusiastically.
"Awesome." I grin, and watch as the Doctor shows Amy how to input coordinates and dates and times. Along the way there are a few bumps and it's quickly fixed up by the Doctor as I decide to stand back and let him teach her without much influence from me and then I'll straighten up everything else later.
"And we've landed, right?" Amy confirms with the Doctor.
"Yep, but I'm not sure where, this doesn't look like the fifth moon of Cindie Colesta." The Doctor says looking at the screen, I jump up from my spot on the steps a trot happily over to the doors of the Tardis popping my head out, the Doctor coming up behind me. "No, Amy, it's definitely not the fifth moon of Cindie Colesta."
"I think I can see a Ryman's." I point out to the Doctor as I say that there's an explosion from behind us which throws the Doctor and I from the Tardis and the doors slam shut as the Tardis starts to dematerialise. "Amy!" I yell, panic setting in and a worried look overtakes my originally relaxed and amused face.
"Amy!" The Doctor echoes my shout and I send him a scared look as the Tardis completely disappears. "Amy!"
"Amy." I say defeated.

Walking through a street was not a normal occurrence for the Doctor and I so it was weird and strangely natural to walk with his hand in mine as we wonder what to do. "What do we do?" I ask him quietly.
"I don't know." He replies.
"What do you mean you don't know?" I ask frustrated.
"I mean, I don't know?"
"But you always know." I respond as I continue walking letting his hand drop annoyed as I stomp ahead only to find the Doctor had stopped outside a shop. I walk back to him, wondering what caught his attention and as I go back I see him pick up a flyer from the window which hand an address circled in red that had been written on by hand. "That's Amy's handwriting."
"She's telling us where to go." He says taking the lodger leaflet in his hands and folding it putting it into one of his pockets, taking my hand again and leading me to where the address directed us to. The Doctor knocks on the door and I can't help but look up to the second storey of the house, getting a weird feeling about the place.
"Doctor..." I fade off.
"I know, weird." He replies knowing what I mean as the door opens.
"I love you." The abrupt three words caught my attention and I went from looking to the second storey to the man standing in front of us at the door.
"Well, that's good, because we're your new lodgers. Do you know, this is going to be easier than I expected." The Doctor says looking between me and the man. He takes the fluffy pink keys out of the man's hands and I can't help but want to hit myself in the head repeatedly, the man had no social boundaries.
"But I only put the advert up today. I didn't put my address." The man replies.
"Well, aren't you lucky I came along? More lucky than you know." The Doctor replies, sounding like the mad-man he is. "Less of a young professional, more of an ancient amateur, but frankly I'm an absolute dream."
"Yeah right." I scoff teasingly. "I'm sorry about him, I'm Mackenzie." I offer my hand and the man seems to appreciate the normality of it smiling but turns back to the Doctor.
"Look I don't know if I want you staying. And give me back those keys. You can't have those." He says snatching back the keys.
"Yes, quite right. Have some rent." The Doctor agrees handing him the bag of cash and once again I want to hit my head repeatedly against a wall. "That's probably quite a lot, isn't it? Looks like a lot. Is it a lot? I can never tell."
"Yes it is a lot, Doc." I inform him as I peak into the bag and watch as the Doctor shoves past the man and I, meanwhile, send him a very apologetic look. The man gestures for me to come in considering the Doctor had already and I smile and step into the apartment.
"Don't spend it all on sweets, unless you like sweets. I like sweets. Ooo." The Doctor turns around hastily and gives the man a couple of air kisses that are way too far away from his cheeks to be considered polite.
"Unbelievable." I mutter to myself, half ashamed, half amused by the actions of the Doctor.
"That's how we greet each other nowadays, isn't it? I'm the Doctor. Well, they call me the Doctor. I don't know why. I call me the Doctor, too. Still don't know why."
"Craig Owens. The Doctor?"
"You learn to accept it." I tell Craig as I rest against the banister looking up to the door at the top of the stairs where the light outside is flickering. "Who lives up there?" I ask curiously.
"Just some bloke." Craig replies seeming a little overwhelmed.
"What's he look like?" The Doctor questions.
"Normal. He's very quiet-" But he gets interrupted by a not so quiet crash from above. "Usually." But the Doctor seems to lose focus and walks towards the open doorway that I'm assuming leads to Craig's flat. "Sorry, who are you again? Hello?" Craig interrogates following after the Doctor running past me. It takes a few seconds but I eventually follow after. "Excuse me?" Craig asks starting to sound annoyed.
"Ah. I supposed that's dry rot?" The Doctor asks, spotting what looks to be rot, but probably isn't.
"Or damp. Or mildew." Craig suggests.
"Or none of the above." I mutter thoughtfully.
"I'll get someone to fix it." Craig says.
"No, I'll fix it. I'm good at fixing rot. Call me the Rotmeister. No, I'm the Doctor, don't call me the Rotmeister." The Doctor replies talking mainly to himself now.
"I really am sorry about him, he does grow on you though." I try to sell the Doctor to Craig and he smiles at me gratefully.
"This is the most beautiful parlour I have ever seen. You're obviously a man of impeccable taste. We can stay, Craig, can't we? Say we can." The Doctor asks.
"You haven't even seen the room." Craig tells him.
"The room?" The Doctor asks and I shake my head at the man.
"Your room." Craig clarifies.
"Our room." I smile to myself at the thought.
"Our room? Oh, yes. Our room. Our room."
"Well I assume you two are together, was I wrong, because I only have one room." Craig says a little worried now.
"We are yes, we will share a room." I tell Craig and I look back to the Doctor to see him smiling at me.
"Take us to our room." The Doctor orders.