Part Two

[FLASHBACK]

ISLA INGRATA

It was just another ordinary day, waking up from the sounds of Roosters and the smashing waves of the ocean, Dean will use his speed to knock all the rooms to wake them up for breakfast which is already prepared, Palm. Seconds later all of them will rush down to the dining hall to get the first share of the food. Meanwhile, the laundry is being dried already outside by Vince, multiplying his body to shorten the work duration. Eliza is checking the perimeter outside; still cautious of what may come for them. It is indeed an ordinary day, but not for her, not for Karen.

"Ate?" as usual, she heard knocks on her door, it was her sister, Jill, "Kakain na ng agahan." Karen just stared at the door until it opened and she saw Jill. "Okay ka lang?" She failed to hide her fear when she saw her, dali-daling lumapit si Jill papunta sa kanya at umupo katabi niya sa kama. "Hey?"

Umiling siya at pilit na ngumiti, "Nothing, I'm just nervous." Hinimas niya ang tiyan, malapit na kasi ang kabuwanan niya ngunit sa totoo lang ay hindi naman talaga iyon ang ikinababahala niya.

"Good morning, ladies." Sabay silang napatingin sa pintuan at nakasilip doon si Cloud.

"Mauna na kayo, Jill, susunod ako." Sabi niya at tumango na lang si Jill at sumama kay Cloud. When they're gone, she breathed a sigh of belief.

She does not know how but her powers came back.

She can see the future—again.

And every day she can feel it's going stronger... as if the Culomus returned to her. But it wasn't. It is unexplainable.

She fixed herself before she went downstairs, sa dining hall naroon lahat ng mga Peculiars na iniligtas nila mula Mnemosyne Institute, including Jill, Cloud, Eliza, Vince, Palm, and Dean.

Umupo siya sa bakanteng upuan kaharap ni Jill at katabi ni Palm, bago siya umupo ay nagkatinginan muna sila ni Cloud at kaagad siyang nag-iwas ng tingin. 

He knows, she thought.

Iaabot sa kanya ni Jill 'yung mangkok ng kanin nang mapansin niya na hindi na ito gumalaw. She look around and realized... The time is frozen... 

Not again.

"Hello, Beatrice." She almost jumps from her seat when she saw him standing across the hall. Naglakad ito palapit.

"W-what do you want?" She asked, hiding her terror.

"I told you I'm going to come back." There is no unusual with the man, aside from the necklace he's wearing, isa iyong golden medallion na may four inches diameter.

The man introduced himself as Timoteus, he's an Aeon, a time master who can control and travel through time and the current Grandmaster of the Order of Khronos Aeon, that according to him is a secret order that monitors and protects the timeline of humanity's past, present, and future.

Huminto si Timoteus sa paglalakad at tumingin kay Jill.

"You already saw the future, Beatrice." Sabi nito sa kanya, malalim at kasing lamig ng boses nito ang mukhang sobrang putla, "You know what will happen. The future wont' changes not unless you take an action, and in order to alter what will happen you have to do something. Like what your sister does when she was the freewill," they both looked at Jill, "but things are different now, Beatrice, you are the freewill because you can see the future again."

"What else can I do? I can't... I can't... let my children... and my sister—"

"There is something you can do."

"What?"

"If your sister, Jill, can get the Chintamani, there's a hope for her and for your children."

"Chintamani?"

"The philosopher stone of the East. The ever grand powerful stone that can grant a limitless power." She didn't answer as she looked at her sister's face,

"And of course, she must know nothing... Jill Morie must know nothing."