/34/ The Burden of Duty

[Cloud Enriquez's POV]

I have never seen much terror like these. As if the world is going to end anytime, and here I am, watching these people to tremble the fear as I struggle to swim against the tide of humanity's darkest resonance. Twelve hours had passed and Jill is nowhere to be found again, we lost contact with Jing. 

Humiwalay sila Eliza, Otis, at Vince para puntahan ang kampo ni John Zedong. Kami nila Vince, Palm, at Finnix ang naiwan dito sa area malapit sa Shanghai Tower.

Military forces are scattered around to control the situation, but no matter how powerful the government's ordinance, the fear still reigns and took over the whole city and the world—bit by bit. Not only that, like what I said, it's been twelve hours and the evils took advantage of the situation, ordinary humans who just got their powers took advantage of it and rumors spread like a wildfire that they even formed different groups to terrorize the city.

This. Is. Chaos.

"I can help, I can heal people!" Palm, she even volunteered to help those who are injured, without hesitations, she used her power to save those people.

Finnix, on the other hand, is also helping the firemen to extinguish the fire in a building nearby. And Vince is using his clones to help the evacuees.

The only amazing thing that I can say right now is the scenery of the Peculiars showing their powers for the first time in public in order to help, katulad nila Finnix at Palm. Though the citizens are not used to the 'superhuman' presence, what's more, vital right now is survival. We need each other's help, ordinary or super, we have to do it by ourselves because no one else will save us from this delirium.

"Cloud Enriquez," bigla akong tumigil sa pagtakbo nang sumulpot sila bigla sa harapan ko mula sa kawalan, "That's not your name."

"Who the hell are you?" an old bald man with a golden medallion appeared with two side-kicks.